User Avatar Image

Poll: Would you buy BTTF if a Season 2 is made?

posted by kyleontheweb on - last edited - Viewed by 3.2K users

This is a poll asking would you or would you not buy BTTF if a season 2 is made? There is also an undecided option.

This is prompted by this news here: http://pc.ign.com/articles/117/1174566p1.html
This news states that Telltale is open to creating more episodes if the fans are up for it.

Thanks for voting!

316 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Scnew said: As for whether or not I'd buy another season, I would wait on reviews as opposed to pre-ordering this time.

I'd be careful with that. While not stellar, Back to the Future's reviews have been fairly positive. There is only one professional reviewer that I've found that wasn't completely asleep at the wheel. Most reviews seem like they're just phoning it in, and they barely even take note of the genre as they sweep this thing by with middling scores between giving 9s and 10s to majorly hyped titles that buy advertising from them.

• I don't really think another season is all that good of an idea unless Christopher Lloyd and Bob Gale are still on board, but I would keep my mind open about it and wait to see how it was coming along if it happened.

While I like the story and developments of the game we have- very, very much so- I generally agree that if Telltale elects to make more of this, they should make the puzzles much, much more complicated. If they keep that hint system and the walkthroughs around, make them have a point- that is to say, make puzzles hard enough to warrant such hand-holding. Be tricky with it.

Also, have more time travel, give us a chance to drive the Delorean directly somehow (it doesn't have to be a complex driving simulator... any level of control would be nice), instead of it happening only in cutscenes. And have the hoverboard (bonus points if that's controllable, too... even just something like that scene where Biff, Cliff, and Riff are trying to hit Marty, that kind of dodging thing, but on the hoverboard, would be nice... but something more complicated, like moving, would be nice). And maybe the time train involved somehow.

Also, speaking of Biff, try to ask Thomas F. Wilson again. The current Biff is okay, but there's nothing quite like that scary-ass gravelly voice he pulls out at just the right moments, that "Two McFlys.... with the same gun" voice. *shudder*

Don't have invisible walls. Seriously. If you're going to have a wall, make it look like one... and let us go inside more buildings. Have a more well-developed environment.

And pull another good story concept like the Citizen Brown idea out of thin air, and execute it dramatically. It doesn't have to deviate heavily from the timeline established at the end of the third movie- in fact, I'd kind of prefer it not- but it should be a meaningful storyline, which I think this game seems to have so far (though I cannot judge it fully until I see the ending... but I have high hopes, and I suspect I won't be disappointed in that regard).

But for now, I am undecided. I would be okay if a second season is not made, and I am very happy with the game we have (even if it could be game-ier).

• @ELB1985 said: Ofcourse! People need to stop looking at this like its a game. Its not.

Yeah, it's totally unreasonable to expect something with "The Game" in the title to, in fact, be a game.

@ELB1985 said: We are lucky to be this spoiled and have all the actors the creator and spirit of the films come together again 22 years later and give us this wonderful gift.

Worst argument ever. "Who cares if it sucks badly as a game, you're lucky to have anything." does not cut it. By this logic, they could have created a movie that consisted of a 2 hour slideshow with Marty narrating it, and you'd say it was a great movie because something is better than nothing?

@ELB1985 said: The only people who hate this are the ones who think of it as a game and have no real bond with the films.

I own the original films on blu-ray. Your point is invalid.

@ELB1985 said: What do these people expect The vice city mod??? yeh that would be a cool story lets go shoot everyone in hill valley, the end. pffft

I expected a story-driven game featuring logical puzzles in the BttF universe made by a company who has proven they can make great adventure games several times. What I got was a cheap machinima that occasionally waits for me to click on things to continue its railroaded storyline.

• @Rather Dashing said: I'd be careful with that. While not stellar, Back to the Future's reviews have been fairly positive. There is only one professional reviewer that I've found that wasn't completely asleep at the wheel. Most reviews seem like they're just phoning it in, and they barely even take note of the genre as they sweep this thing by with middling scores between giving 9s and 10s to majorly hyped titles that buy advertising from them.

When I say reviews, I really meant reactions from people on this forum that I know felt the same way about the first one as I did. ;)

• @ELB1985 said: Ofcourse! People need to stop looking at this like its a game. Its not.This is a continuation of the movies we will watch over and over for the rest of our lives.
    We are lucky to be this spoiled and have all the actors the creator and spirit of the films come together again 22 years later and give us this wonderful gift.

The only people who hate this are the ones who think of it as a game and have no real bond with the films.

What do these people expect The vice city mod??? yeh that would be a cool story lets go shoot everyone in hill valley, the end. pffft

1.Im sorry, it is called "Back To the Future: THE GAME" isnt it?
    2.No we are not after that kind of gameplay. We are for PUZZLES! Thats the point of adventure games, puzzles. Something BTTF has. We expected stuff like how Sam and Max puzzles were. If you dont get that, then go play Abe Lincoln Must Die which, like episode 1 of BTTF THE GAME, is free. THAT is what we wanted, actual puzzles.

• I suspect that the anger many fans feel wouldn't be quite as pronounced if it weren't for the fact that Telltale has already proven it can make deviously difficult games.

Had Telltale been a new company at this point, people would be upset, but probably not quite AS upset. It's sort of like watching Beethoven put out a Justin Beiber song.

• I would buy it. I've really liked it so far both as a game and a story :)

• @Kyronea said: Had Telltale been a new company at this point, people would be upset, but probably not quite AS upset. It's sort of like watching Beethoven put out a Justin Beiber song.

Or George Lucas putting out a new Star Wars. :p

• Um where is the take my money option? I don't see it. I would buy a season 2 and wouldn't think twice this time. I waited and tried the Free Episode 1 this time cause I'm not a fan of these types of games. Once i did I bought this season twice, once on PC and once on PS3. So hell freaking yea I'd buy another.

• @PsychoRaven said: Um where is the take my money option? I don't see it. I would buy a season 2 and wouldn't think twice this time. I waited and tried the Free Episode 1 this time cause I'm not a fan of these types of games. Once i did I bought this season twice, once on PC and once on PS3. So hell freaking yea I'd buy another.

Please stop ruining my genre. :(

Add Comment