User Avatar Image

Tales of Monkey Island Season 2?

posted by Important-Looking Pirate on - last edited - Viewed by 14.9K users

When's that scheduled for then? :D

478 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • BttG is probably getting a 2nd Season and ToMI isn't?! What the hell?
    What I just don't understand is why can't LucasArt's let TTG do another season, I mean, all they need to do is sit back and collect the royalties, it's a win-win situation... Uhmm, maybe TTG aren't that interested in a 2nd season, and didn't even ask LucasArt's?

• So when is the letter being sent?

• @SubSidal said: Uhmm, maybe TTG aren't that interested in a 2nd season, and didn't even ask LucasArt's?

There can only be two reasons why Telltale didn't get a second season:

1) they knew they wouldn't able to do it if they had a shot at the more profitable Universal licences
    2) Lucasarts had already told them what they announced rather more recently, that they exist produce Star Wars games and bugger-all else.

I can't believe Telltale just didn't want to. That would be crazy. Lucasarts crazy.

• @prizna said: So when is the letter being sent?

Well, I think I should start wrapping things up. We've got enough letters.

If anyone would like to help, what's the address where I should send it?

I mean, duuuh, LucasArts HQ! ...but the exact address (with source/link please?).

• It's not a question of whether or not LucasArts wants to make another one... LucasArts didn't even make Tales, after all.

I am sure LucasArts would be happy to license Monkey Island to Telltale again, considering that any revenue generated by Tales is revenue that Monkey Island isn't going to bring in otherwise, and it's not even being developed by LucasArts.

It's all a question of whether or not Telltale wants to do another one... and more importantly, whether or not they want to do another one more then they want to do all the other properties they've gotten the rights to recently.

• It's not as simple as one or the other company just wanting to do something, they have to have an agreement between each other and from the outside it appears that LucasArts aren't really doing much of anything apart from laying off staff and keeping hold of their licences.

• @Silverwolfpet said: If anyone would like to help, what's the address where I should send it?

I mean, duuuh, LucasArts HQ! ...but the exact address (with source/link please?).

Official LucasArts contact information is at http://www.lucasarts.com/company/contact/.

If there is a secret contact address that gets you more attention than the official ones, I don't know about it. (But then, they would be fools to give it to me!)

• @FitzoliverJ said: There can only be two reasons why Telltale didn't get a second season:

1) they knew they wouldn't able to do it if they had a shot at the more profitable Universal licences
    2) Lucasarts had already told them what they announced rather more recently, that they exist produce Star Wars games and bugger-all else.

I can't believe Telltale just didn't want to. That would be crazy. Lucasarts crazy.

Perhaps Telltale collect the money from the Universal-Games
    to buy the licences of the whole LA-Adventure-Franchises :eek: :D

• I recently got a very crazy idea for Tales 2. Ok, here it goes...

I know it's not exactly something piratey (hey, a big sponge isn't exactly that either) but what about the inclusion of time travel?
    Now, I know you're thinking about BTTF:TG and well, the idea goes along that lines, but done in it in its full potential.

It could be a interesting idea to have a sort of time travelling device (Majora's Mask anyone?) that takes the old Guybrush back to the events of the first MI game and has to prevent something horrible from ever happening, without bumping into his younger self. Heck, you could even revisit all previous adventures perhaps?
    Maybe you could even be in disguise and turn out to be one of the pirates young Guybrush talks to when he enters the Scumm Bar. Or the lookout, even.

I know, I know... It's a really crazy idea, but if it done right it could be fantastic. What do you think?

• @Trenchfoot said: I recently got a very crazy idea for Tales 2. Ok, here it goes...

I know it's not exactly something piratey (hey, a big sponge isn't exactly that either) but what about the inclusion of time travel?
    Now, I know you're thinking about BTTF:TG and well, the idea goes along that lines, but done in it in its full potential.

It could be a interesting idea to have a sort of time travelling device (Majora's Mask anyone?) that takes the old Guybrush back to the events of the first MI game and has to prevent something horrible from ever happening, without bumping into his younger self. Heck, you could even revisit all previous adventures perhaps?
    Maybe you could even be in disguise and turn out to be one of the pirates young Guybrush talks to when he enters the Scumm Bar. Or the lookout, even.

I know, I know... It's a really crazy idea, but if it done right it could be fantastic. What do you think?

It's interesting I'll grant you, but it's too much like BttF for my liking. Still nice thoughts :)

Add Comment