Menu
User Avatar Image

Let's talk about E3.

posted by Scnew on - last edited - Viewed by 2.2K users

E3 began today, and Microsoft didn't have a whole heck of a lot to talk about other then Kinect. As a 360 owner, I can firmly say: bleh. That's not to say that there wasn't anything I was interested in however. Here are some things I found to be worth paying attention to.

HALO 4: I am cautiously optimistic. I'm not generally a huge FPS fan, but I really love the Halo universe, and I do want a continuation of Halo 3's mysterious after-the-credits ending. It's just hard to know how psyched I should be at another Halo game when Bungie isn't at the helm.

HALO 1 HD: Meh. I have played the first Halo so many times that it's hard to get really jazzed up over it, but on the other hand, I'm sure it won't be full price, and all its multiplayer maps will be compatible with Reach.

NEW FABLE: No real details except that it will have Kinect funtionality. But Fable is usually fun, so, yay?

MINECRAFT!?: Pretty surprising announcement. Minecraft is going to be released on the 360. Hard to imagine that it will get all the free updates the PC version gets, though. Sucks to be the dude(s) developing Fortresscraft, a absolutely blatant Minecraft rip-off, for XBox Live Indie Games.

RYSE: Don't know much about it so far other then it's a 1st person action game that uses Kinect. Made by the people that made Crysis, who firmly believe that taking words with the letter i in them and changing it to a y is a wonderful naming scheme.

DANCE CENTRAL 2: I don't have a Kinect, but I've played Dance Central at a friend's house and it's fun... and it's just gonna be more fun with multiplayer. Plus I'm just happy to see Harmonix still in good shape after Rock Band 3's disappointing sales.

I do not own a PS3 so I can't say I'm very interested to see what Sony's got to reveal, but I am very much looking forward to finding out what Nintendo's going to say about their new console. On the non-exclusive front, I'm totally looking forward to hearing whatever new Assassin's Creed-y information there is, and hoping that Telltale will shed some light on The Walking Dead or Kings Quest. I'm also hoping that Square Enix will announce plans to make Final Fantasy worth playing again.

What are you guys interested in?

Edit: Rockstar just announced free DLC for Red Dead Redemption. Woo!

399 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Irishmile said: Obviously this is not even close to being true... otherwise it would not have had so many sequels.

Super Paper Mario got a sequel? A mediocre platform game with some gimmicky 3D switch effect that doesn't do the RPG series justice got a sequel?

• Yes actually the 3DS game is a sequel and the game has a 85 out of 100 rating on metacritic... so Yeah you're dead wrong on saying "nobody likes it"
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii/super-paper-mario

• @Irishmile said: Yes actually the 3DS game is a sequel and the game has a 85 out of 100 rating on metacritic... so Yeah you're dead wrong on saying "nobody likes it"
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii/super-paper-mario

Its a sequal to the Paper Mario series, but technicaly not Super Paper Mario despite that game technicaly hinting at one.

• They're all Paper mario games...

• @Irishmile said: They're all Paper mario games...

Yes but Super Paper Mario stretched so far from the formula, the only similarities were the artstyle.
    Paper Mario games aren't platformers.
    Theyve always been in 3d, never 2d
    It was always turnbased, not Super Paper Mario.
    Mario was usually the only playable one with sidekicks to help him, wheras in this game you can play as other characters, and you use "pixls" to help you, which give powers Mario usually should have had.(there is a pixl that gives mario the ability to use hammers, you know the thing he has been able to do all his life)
    I did like how the tattle ability was incorparated in the game though:D

• Super Paper Mario != Paper Mario series.

When I specifically say "Super Paper Mario", I actually do mean that one Wii game that has the Super in front of it. And it's basically generally accepted Super Paper Mario is the worst of the Paper Mario games.

I thought I was bad in reading stuff in context, but apparently some people really stink in it.

• @GaryCXJk said: Super Paper Mario != Paper Mario series.

When I specifically say "Super Paper Mario", I actually do mean that one Wii game that has the Super in front of it. And it's basically generally accepted Super Paper Mario is the worst of the Paper Mario games.

I thought I was bad in reading stuff in context, but apparently some people really stink in it.

Yeah the game is good, but it is the worst in the Paper Mario series.

• @Irishmile said: the 3DS game is a sequel

Actually, no. The 3DS one a return to the RPG form of Paper Mario. Super Paper Mario is the only sidescrolling platformer in the series.

• Super Paper Mario was not as good as the first two, but is a very enjoyable game still even though it's radically different. One of the few Wii games I've played that wasn't a radical disappointment (alongside Twilight Princess (if you can call it a Wii game)). I relate it to Banjo Kazooie: Nuts N Bolts, which I really, really enjoyed, but everyone hates because it had a very cleverly done vehicle mechanic instead of ancient platforming mechanics.

• @Ribs said: Super Paper Mario was not as good as the first two, but is a very enjoyable game still even though it's radically different. One of the few Wii games I've played that wasn't a radical disappointment (alongside Twilight Princess (if you can call it a Wii game)). I relate it to Banjo Kazooie: Nuts N Bolts, which I really, really enjoyed, but everyone hates because it had a very cleverly done vehicle mechanic instead of ancient platforming mechanics.

I couldnt have said it better.

Add Comment