User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 40.8K users

So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.
the11doctors.png

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!

4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • A silent? I don't see a Silent. All I remember seeing is... hmm... I... don't know...

The BBC Episode Guide for each story has a Double Entendre section for some reason. This one caught my eye, from The Two Doctors:
    Shockeye : [Describes Peri] "A fine, fleshy beast"

• cqexb.jpg

I don't know if anyone saw this, but I thought it was mildly interesting that the old lady from the first episode has the same broach as River Song.

• I have found a great tumblr: doctorwhowithcats.tumblr.com

Here's a few highlights:
    tumblr_llwesdNzTR1qkdrheo1_500.pngtumblr_lm4zcglMj21qkdrheo1_r1_500.giftumblr_llvw8lxBx71qkdrheo1_500.jpgtumblr_lmcu5dpjuR1qkdrheo1_500.jpgtumblr_lmb1s72V6Q1qkdrheo1_500.png

• Cats make everything at least 42% more awesome.

So... anyone else suffering withdrawal symptoms yet?

• Luckily, my supply of doctor who DVD's and audios hasn't dried up yet, but may god have mercy on my soul when it does in two weeks or so...

• Heh, I'm ordering quite a bit of DVDs this week because DVDPlanet[dawt]com has them at ridiculous prices (almost every story released before 2011 for $10). So I'll pick up Revenge of the Cybermen, Attack of the Cybermen, The Invasion of Time, and The Rescue/The Romans Box Set for ~$43, and The Mind Robber is coming to me from Amazon, which means I now own at least two stories per Doctor except for McCoy (god damn why are they waiting until next year to release all the stories I want), and it will boost my episodes I need to watch count to 26, which I think should last me a good amount of time. The problem is, the shipping on the site can take up to 28 days...

• Dammit, I forgot about Doctor Who! I missed two episodes!

• I went into my nearest CEX (enterainment exchange), to sell my Heroes blu-ray boxset, and discovered that someone had traded in a large collection of doctor who DVDs! (To put it into perspective: More DVD's then you'd find in the doctor who section in an average HMV (Largest UK DVD retailer)). So I ended up trading the boxset in and getting the boxset "Manequin Mania", Earthshock, Robot and Planet of Evil, in the hope it would plug the hold in my DVD stack. Turns out it actually made it worse, as I had to re-arrange it a bit. Oh well, there's still more there if I need some!

@tredlow: I assume you spent the last two weeks in close proximity to a Silent.

• @Friar said: I went into my nearest CEX (enterainment exchange), to sell my Heroes blu-ray boxset,

Herecy! WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU THAT

@Friar said: and discovered that someone had traded in a large collection of doctor who DVDs! (To put it into perspective: More DVD's then you'd find in the doctor who section in an average HMV (Largest UK DVD retailer)). So I ended up trading the boxset in and getting the boxset "Manequin Mania", Earthshock, Robot and Planet of Evil, in the hope it would plug the hold in my DVD stack. Turns out it actually made it worse, as I had to re-arrange it a bit. Oh well, there's still more there if I need some!

Earthshock is the first classic story I saw! It's... okay. Because of aforementioned first story-ness, I did not know how it ended, so yeah. I'm holding off on a purchase as it's a likely cantidate for a Special Edition, which is also why I'm holding off on the other McCoy that's out that I want, The Curse of Fenric.

Add Comment