Menu
User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 49.5K users

So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.
the11doctors.png

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!

4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Someone pointed out to me that the reason most people think the Ponds are leaving this season is that Karen and Arthur picked up other things to do when they were supposed to be filming for Series seven - now that they're only filming the Christmas special in that time, maybe the ponds will stick around?

• @Ribs said: Someone pointed out to me that the reason most people think the Ponds are leaving this season is that Karen and Arthur picked up other things to do when they were supposed to be filming for Series seven - now that they're only filming the Christmas special in that time, maybe the ponds will stick around?

I don't know if I want them to (from a narrative standpoint). Being with the doctor cost them their child. Surely that's as good a reason as any to leave?

• @Friar said: I don't know if I want them to (from a narrative standpoint). Being with the doctor cost them their child. Surely that's as good a reason as any to leave?

...But they go on adventures for the rest of the series anyway! Leaving six months after the fact would not do you any good!

Also, because I like pointing out flaws in Russell T Davies' logic: Nine and Ten travelled with Rose less then eight months. The Doctor has spent nine months since the start of series six with Amy and Rory, and a few months with Amy as well for Series Five. In addition, there are companions like Benny who travelled with the Doctor for Decades and he never once showed anything near love towards.

• @Ribs said:
    Also: I just realized that the Fake Baby could be referred to as a Jelly Baby.

You just made my day. Gives a new meaning to that awesome 'Would you like a jelly baby'-callback from The Almost People.

• @Tjibbbe said: You just made my day. Gives a new meaning to that awesome 'Would you like a jelly baby'-callback from The Almost People.

Yes, and the eyepatch lady really did reverse the Jelly baby! Ribs, you are a genius. Well, for tonight anyway. :p

• tumblr_lmqxqoctxv1qhq27ao1_r1_500.gif

So I signed up for the Audible trial for the free audiobook, which I promptly used on Logopolis.

• Well, it looks like the iplayer version the rest of the world is getting soon is going to be awesome. It features a mixture of "old and new programming". So basically there'll be some classic who episodes available on it. Lucky you...

• @Friar said: Well, it looks like the iplayer version the rest of the world is getting soon is going to be awesome. It features a mixture of "old and new programming". So basically there'll be some classic who episodes available on it. Lucky you...

For $10 a month? No thanks. I can go through why I validate Netflix as a purchase, but it has the near-entirety of NuWho, the entirety of Power Rangers, a bit of OldWho, all of The Office, Cheers, 30 Rock, Park and Recreation, Firefly, Lost, Heroes, 24, and will soon have the complete series of all the Star Treks as well. In other words, Netflix is the best bang per buck and I refuse to pay for more then one of the Internet Streaming service. Also, if it's anything like Netflix, they'll be rips of the VHS' and the 60s stuff is nigh-unwatchable in that state.

Heh, I somewhat exploited a audible promotion to get the Soundtrack to what I've heard is the best Missing Story (and I'm inclined to agree based on the basic summary I read), Evil of the Daleks. If y'all want, http://www.audible.com/t1/30dgft_plusone_TV is the link for signup with 2 free audiobook credits, of which I'd reccomend getting The Evil... and The Power...

Add Comment