User Avatar Image

Alice: Madness Returns to include Alice 1

posted by dumpling321 on - last edited - Viewed by 994 users

I remember that back when I posted my thread about Madness Returns alot of people said they regretted the fact that they never had a chance to play the original, well good news everyone! every new copy of Alice: Madness Returns will include a 1 time use code to download the original game... http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/20/alice-madness-returns-online-pass-grants-you-alice-1-10-ot/

Now I definatly cannot wait for the game ^_^ I've played the original a few times, but I'm sure it'll be a completly different experiance to play the original on consoles =D

73 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @dumpling321 said: I know, but sometimes nintendo is full of idiots, they never localized fatal frame 4 because it wasn't child friendly either

I've heard that the big reason was that Nintendo assumed that FF4 won't be popular enough for people to buy. But you have a point, they're getting a little rusty

• I don't think the PC copy comes with the first game.

• @Icedhope said: I don't think the PC copy comes with the first game.

from what i've heard though, they are now making it available bundled via EA's site, or from single download

side note: WOOHOO IT"S COMING OUT TODAY WOOHOO IT"S COMING OUT TODAY WOOHOO IT"S COMING OUT TODAY WOOHOO IT"S COMING OUT TODAY

• @Icedhope said: I don't think the PC copy comes with the first game.

Similar to Dumpling's response, EAgames.com has a special going on where you'll receive the first as a direct download when you purchase the second. This promotion only lasts until Friday, June 17th, 10am PDT though.

• I've watched playthroughs of the first game. I know it's not the same as playing it, but at least I know what's going on.

• Any one get the soundtrack I did and I'm in loovve with it...but what I'm saying is the retail copy doesn't come with it or there is some way you have to access it?

• I bought Alice Returns for my X-box 360 yesterday. I played the first game a long time ago, and so far I'm enjoying the new one rather well. I absolutely adore bizarre games like this. I'm on chapter 4 right now, and when I finish I plan to replay the first one with the code I got. I would have bought the soundtrack, but I didn't see any around. Oh well there's always ebay, or amazon. Another time.... XD

(As a side note for anyone playing: Did anyone else see a skeleton Raz from Psychonauts in one of the secret passages?)

• @All-thumbs said: I bought Alice Returns for my X-box 360 yesterday. I played the first game a long time ago, and so far I'm enjoying the new one rather well. I absolutely adore bizarre games like this. I'm on chapter 4 right now, and when I finish I plan to replay the first one with the code I got. I would have bought the soundtrack, but I didn't see any around. Oh well there's always ebay, or amazon. Another time.... XD

(As a side note for anyone playing: Did anyone else see a skeleton Raz from Psychonauts in one of the secret passages?)

I havn't made it that far yet, but I'm dieing to see it, curious as to why it's there...

• Bleh...kind of annoyed by the fact that I bought it retail and not digitaly so i could play the original..so bleh.

• I had a look at the EA website... and followed the links to buy a downloadable PC version.

Advertised price: US$49.

Price available on EA's "Origin" website: AU$79.

Hang on, isn't the AU dollar currently worth about US$1.10? So shouldn't the game be about AU$45?
    Considering it's a digital download, there's no extra costs for shipping, packaging etc.

Hmm. Yet another reason to love Telltale Games. They charge one price, worldwide.

Add Comment