User Avatar Image

Alice: Madness Returns to include Alice 1

posted by dumpling321 on - last edited - Viewed by 459 users

I remember that back when I posted my thread about Madness Returns alot of people said they regretted the fact that they never had a chance to play the original, well good news everyone! every new copy of Alice: Madness Returns will include a 1 time use code to download the original game... http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/20/alice-madness-returns-online-pass-grants-you-alice-1-10-ot/

Now I definatly cannot wait for the game ^_^ I've played the original a few times, but I'm sure it'll be a completly different experiance to play the original on consoles =D

73 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Molokov said: I had a look at the EA website... and followed the links to buy a downloadable PC version.

    Advertised price: US$49.

    Price available on EA's "Origin" website: AU$79.

    Hang on, isn't the AU dollar currently worth about US$1.10? So shouldn't the game be about AU$45?
    Considering it's a digital download, there's no extra costs for shipping, packaging etc.

    Hmm. Yet another reason to love Telltale Games. They charge one price, worldwide.



    If it's still available, theres an alice madness returns app in the itunes app store, if you finish it you can get a code which will discount the game $10... idk if it's still available, or even possible in your area, but you might check that out =D

  • @All-thumbs said: (As a side note for anyone playing: Did anyone else see a skeleton Raz from Psychonauts in one of the secret passages?)



    Hahaha, I did. It was a great easter egg to find.

  • @Martin McFly said: Hahaha, I did. It was a great easter egg to find.



    THANK YOU! I wanted to see that and couldn't wait for chapter 4 =D makes you wonder if this is some sort of hint at their next project, wierder things have happened =P

  • @dumpling321 said: THANK YOU! I wanted to see that and couldn't wait for chapter 4 =D



    Hahahaha, I figured someone would want to see Raz. Glad I could help a fellow Alice fan.

  • just beat chapter 2... spent quite a few hours exploring and still managed to miss 3 snouts lol =D guess I'll have to go back and play through a second time in nightmare after i'm done xDD

  • @All-thumbs said: I bought Alice Returns for my X-box 360 yesterday. I played the first game a long time ago, and so far I'm enjoying the new one rather well. I absolutely adore bizarre games like this. I'm on chapter 4 right now, and when I finish I plan to replay the first one with the code I got. I would have bought the soundtrack, but I didn't see any around. Oh well there's always ebay, or amazon. Another time.... XD

    (As a side note for anyone playing: Did anyone else see a skeleton Raz from Psychonauts in one of the secret passages?)



    Do you know how the original game works for the X-Box? I noticed it listed on X-Box Live and wanted to give it a shot, but it seemed like they were listing it as DLC for Alice Returns rather then a stand-alone game. Do you have to launch it via Alice Returns or can you play it like an Live Arcade game?

  • This game is GREAT. The platforming is more or less the same thing over and over so far (fine by me, I'm awful at platforming), but the combat is a blast, and the aesthetics are amazing. Can't wait to see what's beyond chapter 3.

  • @Scnew said: Do you know how the original game works for the X-Box? I noticed it listed on X-Box Live and wanted to give it a shot, but it seemed like they were listing it as DLC for Alice Returns rather then a stand-alone game. Do you have to launch it via Alice Returns or can you play it like an Live Arcade game?



    The original game requires the AMR CD to play, you access the game via the AMR ingame menu, Like DLC in games like dragon age and dead space

    @Scnew said: This game is GREAT. The platforming is more or less the same thing over and over so far (fine by me, I'm awful at platforming), but the combat is a blast, and the aesthetics are amazing. Can't wait to see what's beyond chapter 3.

    I'm at the same point you are ^_^ I hear the story really picks up during chapters 4-5 (even though it's pure awesomeness so far)

Add Comment