User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 40.7K users

So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.
the11doctors.png

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!

4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @dumpling321 said: random thought... i'm just about finished with "The Ark" How is it that the doctor knows everything about history before the 1960's, but he seems to know absolutly NOTHING about history past the 1960's... you can't honestly tell me he's explored all these past pieces of history, and not managed to hit on some of the future history, especially with a malfunctioning tardis, heck he landed in the ark twice in a row...

It's just a show, you should really just relax, as MST3K would say.

And I finished Master this morning: quite enjoyable. 9/10. Actually, the ending line leads brilliantly into the new series' arc with the Master.

• @dumpling321 said: random thought... i'm just about finished with "The Ark" How is it that the doctor knows everything about history before the 1960's, but he seems to know absolutly NOTHING about history past the 1960's... you can't honestly tell me he's explored all these past pieces of history, and not managed to hit on some of the future history, especially with a malfunctioning tardis, heck he landed in the ark twice in a row...

He does know about the future! He just doesn't tell everyone about it. Spoilers...

• @Ribs said: It's just a show, you should really just relax, as MST3K would say.

And I finished Master this morning: quite enjoyable. 9/10. Actually, the ending line leads brilliantly into the new series' arc with the Master.

I'm three parts of the way into "The one doctor", and it's become my favourite audio, I think. Unless the last part does something monumentally horrid!

• @Friar said: I'm three parts of the way into "The one doctor", and it's become my favourite audio, I think. Unless the last part does something monumentally horrid!

Heh, I didn't care for it. Then again, you said you disliked Master and I didn't care for Seasons of Fear.

• I particularly love "That which does not kill Rory Williams makes him stronger. In addition, that which kills Rory Williams also makes him stronger."

• Every single one of those is awesome. Only down side is that it should be Rory Pond. Oh well.

• @Darth Marsden said: Every single one of those is awesome. Only down side is that it should be Rory Pond. Oh well.

Fun thing: in the Series Six end credits, Arthur Darvill is credited as just 'Rory' because they don't know to use Pond or Williams.

• @Ribs said: Fun thing: in the Series Six end credits, Arthur Darvill is credited as just 'Rory' because they don't know to use Pond or Williams.

Does he need a surname? "The Rory" will suffice. Or possibly Kenny.

• @Friar said: Does he need a surname? "The Rory" will suffice. Or possibly Kenny.

Yes. We must all bow in awe to The Rory. He's like The Many, only more awesome.

Anyone know when Torchwood is gonna start airing? It'll make a good stop-gap while we're waiting for more Who, and the BBC's having a hissy fit over when to start showing it. The week after the States?

Add Comment