User Avatar Image

Remake Jurassic Park and The Lost World (with Spielberg as Producer)

posted by Chariloe on - last edited - Viewed by 3.9K users

Somebody started a campaign that could actually be successful, but we need more people to participate.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Remake-Jurassic-Park-and-The-Lost-World-with-Spielberg-as-Producer/228708970475230

We must send letters to Universal (or e-mail the studio) and explain this brilliant idea:

If Universal is afraid to remake the JP movies (because of the Spielberg-fanboys who are so biased towards the original movie) then we have to convince Universal to GET SPIELBERG TO BE THE PRODUCER OF THE REMAKES. It might be the only way to convince the public that this project will be taken seriously.

"In Steve We Trust"

The posters for the remakes could even say: "STEVEN SPIELBERG PRESENTS" above the title, just like other movies he was only the producer of.

P.S.
If you don't like the term "remake," then just think of it as a "reboot" instead...because our motivation is more about the books than it is about Spielberg's films.

180 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I will say this. It usually does more harm than good when fans sign petitions and the such for remaking or getting things done. Because it puts more stress on the director, producer and the such to try and get things right.

• @Icedhope said: I will say this. It usually does more harm than good when fans sign petitions and the such for remaking or getting things done. Because it puts more stress on the director, producer and the such to try and get things right.

Exactly, it takes time to get things perfect, rushing him and TELLING him what he should do will only be a detriment to the process, and he'll be less likely to consider it again.

• @Icedhope said: I will say this. It usually does more harm than good when fans sign petitions and the such for remaking or getting things done. Because it puts more stress on the director, producer and the such to try and get things right.

Know what takes the edge off? Cupcakes. Lots and lots of cupcakes.

• Hoenstly I'd rather see a continuation of the existing story, such as Johnson's new Trilogy. But if it does come down to a complete reboot is has to be really really good. Having established mainstays of the previous movies makes this really hard to do because no one can replace the wonderful original actors.

I'm glad that JP is seeing more interest now, but at the same time I don't want it to start from scratch all over again.

• Jurassic Park does NOT need to be remade. If you want to see it in theaters again you need to push for a revival.

• @FPug said: ...it takes time to get things perfect, rushing him and TELLING him what he should do will only be a detriment to the process, and he'll be less likely to consider it again.

But that's not what the Facebook page is saying.

All they want is for Universal to START the project soon, not finish soon...It says they want the confirmation that the project is a go to come as soon as possible, but he can take all the time he needs to produce the remakes.

When Universal confirms that they're producing the remakes, a forum should be started (maybe at JPLegacy) specifically for the director/writers to seek input from the fans. That's what Michael Bay did for the 1st Transformers. He and the writers actually listened to some things. But that doesn't mean they have to rush the production.

• Maybe a sequel to JPOG will come along with that remake!

• A reboot for Summer 2013 is the only thing I'm supporting.

Use the same science, even the same characters, but have it so the theme park is completely operational and then goes belly up. A terrorist attack done by eco-extremists. And on the mainland from the get-go.

• Bad idea. Leave the first one alone!

• @jpsandhu said: Bad idea. Leave the first one alone!

*like* I agree but same with the second one, fuck the remakes, this movie changed the world of movies and the world in general and u dont think its good enough even though it stood the test of time after 18 years already? Wow...

Add Comment