User Avatar Image

Wallace and Gromit - frozen!

posted by Yellowtail on - last edited - Viewed by 903 users

After I finished trapping the bees with the porridge gun, I went back to the dining room and now I'm frozen! The characters appear to be moving but there's no cursor and none of the keyboard buttongs respond.

25 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Have you tried going back to before the porridge gun section and doing it again?

• Would anyone be willing to post a save file from just after the porridge gun sequence? It's extremely tedious thinking about having to replay the game all the way from the start without knowing whether this problem will just manifest again...

For the record, the problem is either in the save game file itself, or else it's something to do with the hardware on my machine. I have a dual boot system and I went into Windows Vista (as opposed to XP where I had played and gotten stuck,) but the game is still stuck in the same place using the save file copied from the XP partition...

I noticed that the next chapter has already come out, but I am loathe to download the next installment before I've completed the first...

Is anyone at Telltale listening?! :rolleyes:

• Same problem here, at exactly the same state of the game - characters are frozen, no keyboard or mouse controls possible... could anybody send a savegame of the state shortly before that event? Thanx! :) :( :)

• We have the exact same problem, except we're on the xBox360
    so we can't use other saves, nor can we bookmark

I've restarted the game and got to the same spot and it did the exact same thing.
    I shot the bee's in a different order and it still happened.

• @The Sasanach said: We have the exact same problem, except we're on the xBox360
    so we can't use other saves, nor can we bookmark

I've restarted the game and got to the same spot and it did the exact same thing.
    I shot the bee's in a different order and it still happened.

You can bookmark on the 360

• I'm also experiencing this bug. I made two attempts at using the gun before I figured the puzzle out. I believe the gun puzzle was solved in the order of tree, pants, bin. Just before solving it I trapped the bee in the can using the bed lever, and I dropped the record through the cellar door.

Hope this helps fix the problem.

• I also experienced the same problem, but I didn't have any problems in my second try. I started a new game and I did some different things which I didn't do in my first game which was frozen.

Here is what I did different:

-First of all lower graphics to 1, change hints to never and disable subtitles.
    -Do only the things you need to pass through the game. ( You can follow the walkthrough)
    -DO NOT pick up the racket in the first chapter; you will take it from bedroom when you need it while the bee invasion.
    -Do the gun part as late as you can, after you done with recorder and cheese things.

This one worked for me, I hope this solves your problems too. :)

• I guess this is still not fixed? So my kids have to keep replaying the game till the bug does not happen? Kinda lame at this late a date.

• @sina-an said: Here is what I did different:

-First of all lower graphics to 1, change hints to never and disable subtitles.
    -Do only the things you need to pass through the game. ( You can follow the walkthrough)
    -DO NOT pick up the racket in the first chapter; you will take it from bedroom when you need it while the bee invasion.
    -Do the gun part as late as you can, after you done with recorder and cheese things.

I tried the game - and I got through this part fine (the parts in bold I did anyway - and the game was fine with this.)

I just focused on the porridge puzzle at the start of Act 3, I didn't go into the cellar or the town and I don't think I did alot in the Kitchen at all (best to do nothing in the Kitchen)

When my sister played the game, she went in the cellar, the kitchen and parts of the town and her game froze. So I suppose, the game can't deal with so many open puzzles being uncovered - so to anyone still having trouble with this I suggest focusing on the porridge puzzle first.

• if someone tells me how ill put a save file up thats past the porridge gun part

Add Comment