User Avatar Image

Remake Jurassic Park and The Lost World (with Spielberg as Producer)

posted by Chariloe on - last edited - Viewed by 3.9K users

Somebody started a campaign that could actually be successful, but we need more people to participate.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Remake-Jurassic-Park-and-The-Lost-World-with-Spielberg-as-Producer/228708970475230

We must send letters to Universal (or e-mail the studio) and explain this brilliant idea:

If Universal is afraid to remake the JP movies (because of the Spielberg-fanboys who are so biased towards the original movie) then we have to convince Universal to GET SPIELBERG TO BE THE PRODUCER OF THE REMAKES. It might be the only way to convince the public that this project will be taken seriously.

"In Steve We Trust"

The posters for the remakes could even say: "STEVEN SPIELBERG PRESENTS" above the title, just like other movies he was only the producer of.

P.S.
If you don't like the term "remake," then just think of it as a "reboot" instead...because our motivation is more about the books than it is about Spielberg's films.

180 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @jpsandhu said: Bad idea. Leave the first one alone!

*Dislike* That's a pointless comment. Just because Universal can do a remake, doesn't mean they would be bothering the first one. Remakes have proven to be great countless times. And besides, no matter how good or bad a remake is, it has no effect on the first version whatsoever. The first version stays the way it is. If you don't like the remake---which would NOT mean that it's a bad movie---then you can just rewatch Spielberg's version and pretend the remake doesn't exist. They might tell different versions of the same story but they're not forcing you to like both....Our desire for a remake has nothing to do with disliking Spielberg's version. The facebook page explained it clearly. Just because some people like Spielberg's version, doesn't mean we shouldn't want to see a closer adaptation of the novels.

• i don't like this idea at all.

• I dont know how id feel about a remake/reboot to be honest.

On one hand Id love to see all the scenes from the novels, especially the lost world since that one was so different from the novel.

On the other hand im not a big fan of remaking movies, especially when they were so good in the first place. Different actors being a big one, when you get attached to someone playing a certain character, its hard seeing that same character being played by someone else (For me at least anyway :P) sometimes it just cant be helped though.

I understand that this new reboot would be a different movie, going with the novel and whatnot, but there are things people fall in love with in the original that they dont really want changed.

I think if they could make the movie about the novel but also keep as much as they can the same from the original movie it would work best. Keep the dinosaur designs and sound effects the same from the first movie, definitely the music, the jeeps and explorers, the things like that, and try to keep as much of the original cast as possible.

Thats the way id like it anyway :P

Also, if they decide not do start Jurassic park over if telltale could get the rights to the novels I think that would be good for the next jp game.

• @Orange Intercouse said: *Dislike* That's a pointless comment. Just because Universal can do a remake, doesn't mean they would be bothering the first one. If you don't like the remake, you can just rewatch Spielberg's version and pretend the remake doesn't exist....Our desire for a remake has nothing to do with disliking Spielberg's version. The facebook page explained it clearly. Just because some people like Spielberg's version, doesn't mean we shouldn't want to see a closer adaptation of the novels.

*disklike* to the horrible post that i just quoted actually... When you have created the best movie and sequel of all time, why fuck with it? Bad stuff happens if you do... OH, u must not have seen Jurassic Park III! It also pisses me off that u said "some" people like Spielbergs version... Spielbergs version is the only version first of all and it remains one of the highest grossing movies of all time after 18 years so I think that more that "some" people like it. I personally think that the only thing that you can do to improve such an amazing franchise is exactly what Telltale is doing, tell more stories in game form because then, it costs way less and if you screw up, itll just fit in with the other 5,000 JP games that failed (Trespasser isnt one of em!!!)

• Guys let's not start flaming and causing trouble about this...why don't we get back to discussing what a remake would be like or what characters would be in it.

Personaly I would like to see a remake that is actually closer to the novels...nothing will ever take the first movie off it's throne nothing.

• I'm not considering myself as a Spielberg-Fanboy, but I am a Jurassic Park-Fanboy and thus I think this is a bad idea, leave it for the memories, noone needs a Remake or Reboot or whatever you call it.

It would be basically the same thing with some alternate story-parts and characters/sets. Why? Totally pointless...

Also the makers of the film didnt changed the script compared to the books for no reason, a book cant be converted 1:1 to movie, it has to be adjusted to the medium, so the call for a remake closer to the books is just a stupid idea!

But I dont have to worry, even if some thousand people sign that (well, 15 so far XD), it wouldnt be nearly enough to take the risk off of a big project like this!

PS:
    Spielberg as a producer wouldnt calm "movie-fanboys" as they call it at all. Seeing what George Lucas did with Star Wars or the reactions to the latest Indiana Jones movie prove it.

• When someone wants an updated Jurassic Park-film, just continue the story as telltale does.

Why not tell the story of how Site B went down? Enough potential to show some big CGI Dino-Action in 3D and remind the feel of the first two movies. Enough character potenial and it would be something fans would be interested in without raping the established classic first movie...

• the guys over at jplegacy.org did already suggest actors who could portray the main characters from the novel.

these guys would make an appearance in a possible jurassic park remake:

Dr. Alan Grant >> Viggo Mortensen
    viggo-mortensen-beard.jpg

Dr. Ian Malcolm >> John Cusack
    18486_john-cusack.jpg

Dr. Ellen Sattler >> Charlieze Theron
    71262_video-269690-access-extended-charl

John A. Hammond >> David McCallum
    David-McCallum-5.jpg

Donald Gennaro >> Nicolas Cage
    nicolas_cage_image__1_.jpg

Robert Muldoon >> Bruce Willis
    willis.jpg

Dr. Gerry Harding >> Pierce Brosnan
    PierceBrosnanx-large.jpg

Dr. Henry Wu >> Chin Han
    CSH-058250.jpg

Ed Regis >> Kevin McKidd
    kevin-mckidd-0.jpg

Tim Murphy >>

Alexis Murphy >> Chloe Moretz
    chloe_moretz23.jpg

Dennis Nedry >> Jonah Hill
    Jonah-Hill.jpg

• @tope1983 said: the guys over at jplegacy.org did already suggest actors who could portray the main characters from the novel.

these guys would make an appearance in a possible jurassic park remake:

Besides the fact that this will never ever happen: C'Mon. That sounds horrible! John Cusack as Ian Malcolm? How could you replace Jeff Goldblum with John Cusack. And Viggo Mortensen is not nearly as sympathic as Sam Neill. Yeah, waste millions of dollars with high class actors who would never be able to fill the footsteps of the original cast in the fans hearts and waste more millions to make the same movie with better effects and some story changes?

And why would you ever want to disgrace the memories of the first film with a remake wich would be more than pointless! Just for better CGI? JP was good because it never relied only on them, so why make it bigger and better looking? This movie is not so filled with 90es feeling and is pretty timeless even with its CGI, it doesnt need a remake!

If you desperetly want to, polish the visuals and sound, add some minor things like in Alien or Blade Runner which are timeless as well and maybe add 3D. That would be acceptable. Bullshit like the Psycho-Remake that noone needed cause it chose the way these guys are suggesting, only leads to epic failure...

• @Sadonicus said: Besides the fact that this will never ever happen: C'Mon. That sounds horrible! John Cusack as Ian Malcolm? How could you replace Jeff Goldblum with John Cusack. And Viggo Mortensen is not nearly as sympathic as Sam Neill. Yeah, waste millions of dollars with high class actors who would never be able to fill the footsteps of the original cast in the fans hearts and waste more millions to make the same movie with better effects and some story changes?

And why would you ever want to disgrace the memories of the first film with a remake wich would be more than pointless! Just for better CGI? JP was good because it never relied only on them, so why make it bigger and better looking? This movie is not so filled with 90es feeling and is pretty timeless even with its CGI, it doesnt need a remake!

If you desperetly want to, polish the visuals and sound, add some minor things like in Alien or Blade Runner which are timeless as well and maybe add 3D. That would be acceptable. Bullshit like the Psycho-Remake that noone needed cause it chose the way these guys are suggesting, only leads to epic failure...

Ick, I agree, that cast list it one of the reasons I wouldnt want to see a remake.

I wouldnt think a remake would be disgracing the original movie or anything though, i seriously doubt anyone here wants that. everyone here loves jurassic park. I think they want more like.. well.. i dont know if youve seen fullmetal alchemist or not, but basically it was a manga they made into an anime series though that series used most of all the same characters themes and ideas the story went in a different direction, then after that one was done they remade the series again, same characters same voice actors (mostly, a few changes needed to be made) everything, just now they stuck to the same story from the manga.

I think thats what they want from jurassic park, they dont want to disgrace the first, or replace the first or anything like that, they want the same setting characters and everything, just the story being mostly the same but going a different way with it closer to the novel.

But i think we can both agree on this part: I really doubt it will work without the original cast.

Maybe if they can get as many people as they could back.. but i dont know.

As for me, im still undecided on the whole issue of the remake, i can see good things and bad. But i think one thing we can all agree on is this: We all want more jurassic park, either jp4, a remake, or more games, right? :D

Add Comment