User Avatar Image

More games based on TV series

posted by Niels on - last edited - Viewed by 219 users

Well.. I see Telltale made some games based on movies and series...

So, why not making a Supernatural videogame ? It has the story, the characters and the intensive action a game needs to have.

I think this serie is awesome for a good videogame with gameplay closed to Resident Evil or Obscure or Silent Hill or something like that...

29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

The issue is that Telltale specialize in making adventure games, and what you seem to be proposing, especially with the emphasis you seem to place of action, is a survival horror title, which is very much out of Telltale's comfort zone.

It's a nice idea, but then again, Supernatural doesn't really strike me as a survival horror game. Maybe something like Dead Space or Resident Evil 4/5, which is over-the-shoulder action with a slice of horror. Something like that could work pretty well, if the gore gets toned down somewhat.

If you want another great TV series to adapt as a more adventure-styled game: Firefly. That is all.

Also, Futurama.

• Well... I'm guessing you haven't seen where at least 80% of all the videogames based on Movies/TV Series go?

TO VIDEOGAME HELL!

Though if Telltale made it, I guess it could work. But Supernatural hasn't ended yet, so they would have to make the game based on a story that already happened, which wouldn't be as fun.

• A Telltale game based on Oprah.

• Strong Bad-webshow
    Sam and Max-Comic series/sequal to Lucasarts previous game(there was a show, but they used nothing from that)
    Bone-Comic
    CSI-tv show
    BTTF-movie(TV show as well, but they used nothing from that)
    Jurassic Park-movie
    Walking Dead-comic(TV show blah blah blah)
    Fables-comic
    Kings Quest-video game sequal
    Monkey Island-video game sequal
    Las Angeles-TV show
    Hector-original IP and telltale I dont think is really making it
    Puzzle Quest-original
    Poker Night-3 video game characters, and one web comic guy

So 2 tv show games makes them have to make more?

• And I didn't mean Telltale Games would make it, even though they can.. i just asked why no Supernatural game when this series has everything to be a game

Gman5852 if you see what you have writted, you will see more than just 2 tv shows

• @Niels said: And I didn't mean Telltale Games would make it, even though they can.. i just asked why no Supernatural game when this series has everything to be a game

Gman5852 if you see what you have writted, you will see more than just 2 tv shows

Oh, not Telltale? Then, god, no!

I don't want to see that awesome show ruined.

• I'm not saying that Telltale would not be capable of doing it.. I just don't think the game suits on it

• @Niels said:

Yeah, but aside from CSI and Vegas, all the TV shows are based on non-TV IPs, and Telltale took little to nothing from the TV versions. I think Gman already explained it in the post.

• @Niels said: And I didn't mean Telltale Games would make it, even though they can.. i just asked why no Supernatural game when this series has everything to be a game

@Niels said: Strong Bad-webshow
    Sam and Max-Comic series/sequal to Lucasarts previous game(there was a show, but they used nothing from that)
    Bone-Comic
    CSI-tv show
    BTTF-movie(TV show as well, but they used nothing from that)
    Jurassic Park-movie
    Walking Dead-comic(TV show blah blah blah)
    Fables-comic
    Kings Quest-video game sequal
    Monkey Island-video game sequal
    Las Vegas-TV show
    Hector-original IP and telltale I dont think is really making it
    Puzzle Quest-original
    Poker Night-3 video game characters, and one web comic guy

So 2 tv show games makes them have to make more?

As said above, those 3 shows were already based off of something else, and telltale chose to ignore the tv shows all together.

• "Las Vegas"? I think you mean Law & Order (Los Angeles).

Add Comment