User Avatar Image

More games based on TV series

posted by Niels on - last edited - Viewed by 459 users

Well.. I see Telltale made some games based on movies and series...

So, why not making a Supernatural videogame ? It has the story, the characters and the intensive action a game needs to have.

I think this serie is awesome for a good videogame with gameplay closed to Resident Evil or Obscure or Silent Hill or something like that...

29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The issue is that Telltale specialize in making adventure games, and what you seem to be proposing, especially with the emphasis you seem to place of action, is a survival horror title, which is very much out of Telltale's comfort zone.

It's a nice idea, but then again, Supernatural doesn't really strike me as a survival horror game. Maybe something like Dead Space or Resident Evil 4/5, which is over-the-shoulder action with a slice of horror. Something like that could work pretty well, if the gore gets toned down somewhat.

If you want another great TV series to adapt as a more adventure-styled game: Firefly. That is all.

Also, Futurama.

• User Avatar Image
    Profanity BANNED

Well... I'm guessing you haven't seen where at least 80% of all the videogames based on Movies/TV Series go?

TO VIDEOGAME HELL!

Though if Telltale made it, I guess it could work. But Supernatural hasn't ended yet, so they would have to make the game based on a story that already happened, which wouldn't be as fun.

• A Telltale game based on Oprah.

• Strong Bad-webshow
    Sam and Max-Comic series/sequal to Lucasarts previous game(there was a show, but they used nothing from that)
    Bone-Comic
    CSI-tv show
    BTTF-movie(TV show as well, but they used nothing from that)
    Jurassic Park-movie
    Walking Dead-comic(TV show blah blah blah)
    Fables-comic
    Kings Quest-video game sequal
    Monkey Island-video game sequal
    Las Angeles-TV show
    Hector-original IP and telltale I dont think is really making it
    Puzzle Quest-original
    Poker Night-3 video game characters, and one web comic guy

So 2 tv show games makes them have to make more?

• User Avatar Image
    Niels BANNED

And I didn't mean Telltale Games would make it, even though they can.. i just asked why no Supernatural game when this series has everything to be a game

Gman5852 if you see what you have writted, you will see more than just 2 tv shows

• User Avatar Image
    Profanity BANNED

@Niels said: And I didn't mean Telltale Games would make it, even though they can.. i just asked why no Supernatural game when this series has everything to be a game

Gman5852 if you see what you have writted, you will see more than just 2 tv shows

Oh, not Telltale? Then, god, no!

I don't want to see that awesome show ruined.

• User Avatar Image
    Niels BANNED

I'm not saying that Telltale would not be capable of doing it.. I just don't think the game suits on it

• @Niels said:

Yeah, but aside from CSI and Vegas, all the TV shows are based on non-TV IPs, and Telltale took little to nothing from the TV versions. I think Gman already explained it in the post.

• @Niels said: And I didn't mean Telltale Games would make it, even though they can.. i just asked why no Supernatural game when this series has everything to be a game

@Niels said: Strong Bad-webshow
    Sam and Max-Comic series/sequal to Lucasarts previous game(there was a show, but they used nothing from that)
    Bone-Comic
    CSI-tv show
    BTTF-movie(TV show as well, but they used nothing from that)
    Jurassic Park-movie
    Walking Dead-comic(TV show blah blah blah)
    Fables-comic
    Kings Quest-video game sequal
    Monkey Island-video game sequal
    Las Vegas-TV show
    Hector-original IP and telltale I dont think is really making it
    Puzzle Quest-original
    Poker Night-3 video game characters, and one web comic guy

So 2 tv show games makes them have to make more?

As said above, those 3 shows were already based off of something else, and telltale chose to ignore the tv shows all together.

• "Las Vegas"? I think you mean Law & Order (Los Angeles).

Add Comment