234 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Downloaded the save game and could use the handles, but now marty decided to suddenly ascend some invisible stairs going straight through solid floor and then when i nove move him he just vanish in thin air and camera goes back to bottom floor even though marty is still stuck upstairs.

  • @puzzlebox said: I'm quite sure that reinstalling won't help - you need to solve the glass house puzzle before giving the pot plant recording to Officer Parker. That's about the only difference between my working save and the point where I got the glass house bug, though I can't guarantee that's the cause of it.

    Puzzlebox, I've got a save that's just before I [did the thing you put in spoilers]. I loaded it up, went to the diver, then the glass house, and didn't skip anything. Got the bug.

    I also had the odd cue where Trixie advanced the stage the first time I used the phone in the House of Tomorrow. I called the Brown Residence first, then the Phonebooth, and I'm 95% sure I did the 'some guy' prank call on that one.

    I also entered the glass house multiple times before talking to the Diver (getting a 'there's no one here' type response.) I skipped some dialogue there. Not sure if that mattered.

    Don't know if that helps at all.

    (I'm not sure of the 'correct' order of things. By the time I entered the glass house, algea-cakes guy had done his presentation and I'd already snagged his goodies)

  • yeah i tried to get past the glass house myself, nothing helped tried a save game, same problem, really disappointed in telltall was looking forward to this last episode so bad. I was planning on buying jurassic park, but i doubt i will now, too bad for you guys.

    hope you can release a fix that works for the game and makes it playable, as of right now im too frustrated to try again..

    Andy

  • @boxman said: Downloaded the save game and could use the handles, but now marty decided to suddenly ascend some invisible stairs going straight through solid floor and then when i nove move him he just vanish in thin air and camera goes back to bottom floor even though marty is still stuck upstairs.

    same here with the save game :rolleyes:

    next time they postone an episode the TTG guys should use that time to actually do some work :mad:

    hammer%20punch.gif

  • Also have the bug here, which is mildly irritating but some of the more hysterical/rude posters really need to take a chill pill. Mistakes happens and TT is on the case.

  • @masterfgee said: same here with the save game :rolleyes:

    next time they postone an episode the TTG guys should use that time to actually do some work :mad:

    hammer%20punch.gif


    I found out what triggers that bug. Seems to happen if you try to open the red door without Marty standing right next to it. If you click it from a tiny bit of distance he seems to walk up those invisble stairs instead and get stuck somewhere behind the walls.

  • @Jazzy76 said: Also have the bug here, which is mildly irritating but some of the more hysterical/rude posters really need to take a chill pill. Mistakes happens and TT is on the case.


    The problem is not that there is just one bug, but this release seems to be full of bugs compared to previous episodes.

    I also somehow managed to even record Edna twice even though she wasnt even in the building second time so instead i ended up talking to a empty phonebooth while hearing Ednas voice.

    I have come across the ocassional annoying bug in previous eps as well, but nothing like this episode.

    And either way this ruined this day for me. I had planned to set off the day and night for enjoying myself with this game and instead it has been nothing but frustrations.

    I paid money to be entertained not waste time with hours of troubleshooting.

  • Thanks to everyone who sent in save games. We think we've isolated the cause of the issue. Do NOT go into the glass house before you talk to the diver about where Emmet is. It seems very likely that this is what's causing the problem.

    We're working on testing a fix for this and a few other reported issues right now. As soon as all the fixes are in and confirmed to work (an not to break anything else!), we'll be putting up a patched version of the game.

    I don't have an exact ETA for this, but it's a very high priority for us. Rest assured, it'll be released as soon as possible.

  • @TTG - Caleb said: Thanks to everyone who sent in save games. We think we've isolated the cause of the issue. Do NOT go into the glass house before you talk to the diver about where Emmet is. It seems very likely that this is what's causing the problem.

    We're working on testing a fix for this and a few other reported issues right now. As soon as all the fixes are in and confirmed to work (an not to break anything else!), we'll be putting up a patched version of the game.

    I don't have an exact ETA for this, but it's a very high priority for us. Rest assured, it'll be released as soon as possible.

    Just wondering about patches for this game, do you have to redownload the entire thing, or is there something else that you have to download?

  • @TTG - Caleb said: Thanks to everyone who sent in save games. We think we've isolated the cause of the issue. Do NOT go into the glass house before you talk to the diver about where Emmet is. It seems very likely that this is what's causing the problem.

    We're working on testing a fix for this and a few other reported issues right now. As soon as all the fixes are in and confirmed to work (an not to break anything else!), we'll be putting up a patched version of the game.

    I don't have an exact ETA for this, but it's a very high priority for us. Rest assured, it'll be released as soon as possible.


    Will we have to start ep 5 over with this new patched version?

Add Comment