234 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@TTG - Caleb said: Thanks to everyone who sent in save games. We think we've isolated the cause of the issue. Do NOT go into the glass house before you talk to the diver about where Emmet is. It seems very likely that this is what's causing the problem.

Just FYI, I'm fairly sure that I did this (i.e. talked to the diver about Emmett) when I got the bug. When I went into the glass house without talking to the diver, the little Emmett/Doc cutscene didn't happen, and Marty just said something like "there's nobody in here". I had to talk to the diver before getting to the no-hotspots bug point.

• @TTG - Caleb said: Thanks to everyone who sent in save games. We think we've isolated the cause of the issue. Do NOT go into the glass house before you talk to the diver about where Emmet is. It seems very likely that this is what's causing the problem.

Nope, it's not. :(

After I got rid of Edna I walked into the glasshouse and there was nobody inside. Then I talked to the Diver, he pointed me to the Glass House and now I'm stuck there with nothing to do.

• @puzzlebox said: Just FYI, I'm fairly sure that I did this (i.e. talked to the diver about Emmett) when I got the bug. When I went into the glass house without talking to the diver, the little Emmett/Doc cutscene didn't happen, and Marty just said something like "there's nobody in here". I had to talk to the diver before getting to the no-hotspots bug point.

Yeah exactly. Unless going in still somehow breaks it for later in the game.

• @Green Ninja said: Nope, it's not. :(

After I got rid of Edna I walked into the glasshouse and there was nobody inside. Then I talked to the Diver, he pointed me to the Glass House and now I'm stuck there with nothing to do.

That is what he said not to do.

• Great, I used that savegame, could continue until young Emmet fainted, then somehow I got upstairs, but I cam now trapped there and cant get out coz there is no wall I can slide .... what a mess

• @TTG - Caleb said: Thanks to everyone who sent in save games. We think we've isolated the cause of the issue. Do NOT go into the glass house before you talk to the diver about where Emmet is. It seems very likely that this is what's causing the problem.

We're working on testing a fix for this and a few other reported issues right now. As soon as all the fixes are in and confirmed to work (an not to break anything else!), we'll be putting up a patched version of the game.

I don't have an exact ETA for this, but it's a very high priority for us. Rest assured, it'll be released as soon as possible.

ah! that's it! it was exactly what I did before getting this bug, that explains alot!!

We're working on testing a fix for this and a few other reported issues right now. As soon as all the fixes are in and confirmed to work (an not to break anything else!), we'll be putting up a patched version of the game.

I don't have an exact ETA for this, but it's a very high priority for us. Rest assured, it'll be released as soon as possible.

I think the problem is getting the allege cakes. They serve no purpose, so don't get them, but you should not go in the glass house before talking to the diver about Emmet just to be safe.

• @puzzlebox said: Attached is a save where the phone booth puzzle has been completed, but the recording not yet given to Officer Parker. You just need to walk over to the glass house from this point, once you are inside the hotspots will appear ok.

Hope this helps people who might otherwise have to replay a bunch of stuff.

So, I am trying to download this saved game and am being told its an invalid item. My PC will not open this file. Can we get another file please?

• @skajkingdom said: Great, I used that savegame, could continue until young Emmet fainted, then somehow I got upstairs, but I cam now trapped there and cant get out coz there is no wall I can slide .... what a mess

And no, I DID talk to the diver BEFORE going to the glass house, as some have pointed out, because If you TRY to go before, Marty only says "There is no one there". After I talk to the diver and ask him about Emmet, then the cutscene is played, and then I walked in to the house and got stuck.

Now, with the savegame provided here I am stuck after Emmet fainted.

• @TTG - Caleb said: Do NOT go into the glass house before you talk to the diver about where Emmet is. It seems very likely that this is what's causing the problem.

It seems odd, then the savegame would somehow remember you got there in advance while there is no need to remember this as far as I can see. But yes, I have done that as well.

Add Comment