234 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@BttF_LttP said: Will we have to start ep 5 over with this new patched version?

There's a savegame in this post that should let you progress is the current version, without having to start over or download a patched version.

@BttF_LttP said: After I got rid of Edna I walked into the glasshouse and there was nobody inside. Then I talked to the Diver, he pointed me to the Glass House and now I'm stuck there with nothing to do.

@BttF_LttP said: That is what he said not to do.

@BttF_LttP said: Yeah exactly. Unless going in still somehow breaks it for later in the game.

It seems that basically if you see that scene with Marty saying there's no one in the glass house, the game is most likely broken at that point.

• @puzzlebox said: There's a savegame in this post that should let you progress is the current version, without having to start over or download a patched version.

Ahm, no, as I already posted, I can progress until Emmet faints, then somehow Marty "walks up" in the air (through the walls) and gets stuck in the little room upstairs where there is no handle he can slide. So, stuck again.

• @skajkingdom said: Great, I used that savegame, could continue until young Emmet fainted, then somehow I got upstairs, but I cam now trapped there and cant get out coz there is no wall I can slide .... what a mess

Just slide the red door before the one that causes the cut-scene where doc knocks out Emmet.

Hope that helps!:)

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@skajkingdom said:
    Now, with the savegame provided here I am stuck after Emmet fainted.

I'm sorry you got stuck again, I've seen people mention some other bug in the glass house that I haven't experienced myself.

Attached is a savegame just before the glass house puzzle is completed (all you have to do is walk towards the wooden wall). Should get you over that bug.

• As someone else mentioned, I downloaded the save file that puzzlebox posted, got past the glass house, but now the detective and strickland are both missing. Will they reappear or should I just restart a new game?

• @cinderwild said: As someone else mentioned, I downloaded the save file that puzzlebox posted, got past the glass house, but now the detective and strickland are both missing. Will they reappear or should I just restart a new game?

You probably did not finish that part yourself, they leave after you finish some part of the game. You can already do this before entering the glass house, hence they are already gone in the savegame.

• A bug in the glasshouse? Interesting...
    I didn't talk to the diver before going there. I saw a scene, where Marty watched Doc with Emmet in the glasshouse talking, then entered the glasshouse myself. Marty watched them down the floor. Then I went back the corridor, pushed a button and a wall slided away. I went there, pushed another button and then it seemed Marty somehow went DOWNSTAIRS through the solid floor, finally coming through the shelf entering the "Future Livingroom".
    Was that, what was supposed to happen??

• I now re-loaded that savegame and guess what, I did not even get to see the scene when Emmet is fainting, I got into the small room upstairs, and since the one (pink?) wall could not slide, I somehow "fell" through the wall again, and found myself downstairs and got out in the hall - no fainting scene, nothing.
    I can randomly walk through walls here ... horrible programming dudes, I have to say it ...

• Oh. My. God. I HATE this glass house so much. First I get trapped inside the entrance of it and have to redo the entire game up to that point in a different order. Now I'm once again trapped inside the glass house after seeing Citizen Brown and Emmet because I somehow walked up invisible stairs into ANOTHER part of the house where I can't click on anything!

Sigh.

If it wasn't summer vacation and I didn't have all day to do this I would probably give up. :P

• @skajkingdom said: Ahm, no, as I already posted, I can progress until Emmet faints, then somehow Marty "walks up" in the air (through the walls) and gets stuck in the little room upstairs where there is no handle he can slide. So, stuck again.

You probably triggered the same bug as i had issues with. Did it happen when you tried to open that red door? I found it happened if i clicked on the handle without marty standing right next to it.

Add Comment