User Avatar Image

Episode 203 - Night of the Raving Dead - Available Now!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 4K users

203_blog_announcement.jpg

Sam & Max 203: Night of the Raving Dead

Hey hey! Sam & Max episode 203 is almost here, and we've posted the trailer, some screenshots, a piece of concept art, and a blot of teaser text to the Night of the Raving Dead website. Also, there's a blog post. It was potentially inaccurately paraphrased to me that the core of this episode was originally conceived by Steve Purcell,* who, when asked what should be in Season Two, blurted out "Eurotrash vampires." So, there you go.

Take a look at the new stuff, and discuss away!

* And Heather!

200 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • lookin good. the driving minigame looks refreshingly new

• OMGWTFLOL! Best trailer ever. Love the silent movie effect, the "German" (ish?) title cards [with great approximate English translations] and the music.... and then we do get a little bit of a picture of our new Vampire character. This is indeed going to be a very very good episode, I can tell already! :)

• can't wait, it made me wanna break down and dance... and i did... and people saw.... and they laughed. but i can't hold my lack of dance skills against sam and max, i still can't wait! and good for me i barely have to, only two weeks till it comes out! aren't episodic games the best! viva telltale, viva SAM AND MAX!

• @taumel said: By the way shouldn't "dead" be "Toten" instead of "Todes"? Would be "Die Nacht der ausgeflippten Toten" then (plural). Also "Freiberufliche Polizei" sounds more reasonable than "Unabhängige Polizei".

Yeah, I've already been all over the translation... and by the way, the best translation for "Freelance Police" would be "Freischaffende Polizei"... ("freiberuflich" passt grammatikalisch nicht so ganz... oder heißt das semantisch? egal... ;) )

• Correct me if I am wrong, but were you guys inspired by Castlevania in the creation of that vampire character? He looks so much like Issac from Curse of Darkness in both behavior (being a bit flamboyant) and appearance despite that the vampire in S&M doesn't have tattoos.

pic of issac (from the castlevania dungeon site):

badguy-render2.jpg

• Steve Purcell and Dave Bogan might have been inspired by that, but more likely both characters go back to a more common vampire archetype... I think this mostly because I don't know if Steve has played that game.

• Fantastic trailer! And fantastic Castlevania connection, doom saber.

• @taumel said: By the way shouldn't "dead" be "Toten" instead of "Todes"? Would be "Die Nacht der ausgeflippten Toten" then (plural). Also "Freiberufliche Polizei" sounds more reasonable than "Unabhängige Polizei".

And they totally ignored the umlauts! Those things are not just for show (as in rock band names) you know. ;) Bonus points for effort, though.

And I loved the fake-English subtitles. Sam & Max: The Not-on-Staff Police!

Add Comment