User Avatar Image

Jp 4

posted by SeanJP on - last edited - Viewed by 2.5K users

Listen i know that there have been a whole lot of rumors about JP4 but i was reading up on it and jp legacy.org stated that Joe Johnston would start jp 4 after his movie "Captain America," and i just saw previews for it in theatres so i hope JP4 willstart production. The reason i started this form was so i could know what your thought was about JP4 and maybe your thoughts about what u want it to be about:D

173 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yeah, a TV show would be cool. Hell, I'd take an animated series as well but I would prefer live action.

• @waroftheworlds01 said: Yeah, a TV show would be cool. Hell, I'd take an animated series as well but I would prefer live action.

i dig it, have grant and billy working there, new dinosaurs being added to the park (and or causing problems) and for the hacker idea have Ingen technicians battle Biosyn hackers for cyber supremacy and add the whole corperate espionage theme to the show as well. who ever came up with the TV show /Hi5 you are a genius

• I'm loving the biosyn espionage idea, that would be really cool too. I think we should start a new thread with this in at some point.

• If there should be any new Jurassic Park movie which is not a remake, then the most important question is of course:
    What do we want to tell with this movie? What is the key aim of it?
    What sort of questions aren't answered, where we could expand the story?
    Which storylines are there that don't seem to have come to a satisfying end?

• @Sallymerrett22 said: What if a theme park company brought the land that the park was on and then went in to try to sort it all out.

Why move an island?

• @pmzanetti said: We could only be so lucky.

Not sure what the hold up is, though. Jurassic Park is a very successful franchise with a proven track record of making money. As long as the project is well funded (what financier wouldn't want to back a JP movie?), the potential is endless.
    There are so many different approaches that could be taken:

OP: The question I ask myself when thinking about what could make a great JP 4 is, "What mystery is left? What is missing from the known canon, that holds the most interesting details."

One thing comes to mind. Wu, and the making of Jurassic Park.

I think there is a lot there, and B D Wong could be a leading actor if he's available/interested.

OH Man!!! I know right?? I sat down yesterday and asked myself what could they possibly have left to make the story of JP4 compelling? Well they could bring back old characters! And Wu makes the most sense! He could tell you about the mysteries in the DNA and the dangerous secret dinosaurs that he made for mysterious purposes for inGen. Another thing I loved was the DX disease in the Lost world novel that Wu tried to contain. I think that would be an awesome addition to the jp lore. But we need to make sure that Wu made it to the boat first. :) Telltale may have a suprise for us in that department, after all he did die in the novel. BTW my partial "storyline" if you can call it that is actually kind of decent if i do say so myself. :D

• Here's the idea for people who want to know. Jurassic Park: The Migration. In the First novel there is a strong avian instinct in the dinosaurs to migrate. After 20 years of living on Sorna, the small island is becoming overpopulated with dinosaurs, especially with carnivores such as the raptors. The dinosaurs start to become increasingly aggresive with passing cargo ships and cruise liners and dinosaurs such as compys and raptors and maybe even Baryonyx start to swim aboard and stowaway on the ships and migrate onto the main land as well as populating the remaining islands of the Five deaths. And then there are the Pteranodons and the Marine Reptiles that start to migrate as well. Then there's a whole side plot of the DX and Tim Murphy having to take matters into his own hands to stop a public outcry to destroy the animals because of the casualties, he goes to Doctor Wu, gets a crew together to capture and contain the animals and stuff. It's a pretty good story IMO. Feedback?

• @Cyberscribe said: Here's the idea for people who want to know. Jurassic Park: The Migration. In the First novel there is a strong avian instinct in the dinosaurs to migrate. After 20 years of living on Sorna, the small island is becoming overpopulated with dinosaurs, especially with carnivores such as the raptors. The dinosaurs start to become increasingly aggresive with passing cargo ships and cruise liners and dinosaurs such as compys and raptors and maybe even Baryonyx start to swim aboard and stowaway on the ships and migrate onto the main land as well as populating the remaining islands of the Five deaths. And then there are the Pteranodons and the Marine Reptiles that start to migrate as well. Then there's a whole side plot of the DX and Tim Murphy having to take matters into his own hands to stop a public outcry to destroy the animals because of the casualties, he goes to Doctor Wu, gets a crew together to capture and contain the animals and stuff. It's a pretty good story IMO. Feedback?

I think that would work for the comics or perhaps a video game. Not sure if it would work as a feature film though. I don't see dinosaurs being able to swim out to a ship and climb aboard without anyone knowing. It worked in the first novel because the compies were small and the ship was still going back and forth from the island dock to the mainland. Overall though, it sounds like a fun story.

• @waroftheworlds01 said: I think that would work for the comics or perhaps a video game. Not sure if it would work as a feature film though. I don't see dinosaurs being able to swim out to a ship and climb aboard without anyone knowing. It worked in the first novel because the compies were small and the ship was still going back and forth from the island dock to the mainland. Overall though, it sounds like a fun story.

Thanks :) I do admit when I was jotting the rest of it down it seemed like a much more involved kind of deal than just a movie so yeah I guess you're right it really wouldn't work for just a film. The raptors could swim in the novels though, as for the compies... no idea unless it was an emergency landing on shore. But hey this could explain the crew from the Lost World who just died. Maybe they brought back some dino stowaways with them and not just the Rex and the baby. I just don't see how they can have a really concrete idea for a fourth film though. I really don't.

• @Sallymerrett22 said: I'm loving the biosyn espionage idea, that would be really cool too. I think we should start a new thread with this in at some point.

The pilot episode could be the first film again, with Grant, Ellie, Malcolm, Genarro, Lex and Tim experiencing their pre opening tour. Except that the tour this time is a success which sets the scene. :)

Imagine if Nedry had that lunch with dodgson, but this time became a mole for Biosyn, and remains undetected for a certain amount of time!

Add Comment