82 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Glad to see this one actually points to the actual review. Thanks!

• He almost went into AVGN mode at the beginning. I mean, you say "Back to the Future the game" and a lot of people from the 80's will instantly think of the NES "game". Game being a euphemism for [REDACTED DUE TO UNNECESSARY AMOUNTS OF SWEARING]

Glad that James liked it! I wish I could see his reaction to the very end!

• ....this was painful to watch. The PC gamer guy meant to provide some sort of context was obnoxiously lacking in knowledge and actually actively wrong in many places, and James is entirely clueless about not only the genre, but PC gaming as a whole, and it shines through here. It's like watching your grandmother talk about the internet.

• Oh I agree. This wasnt professional at all. Just like two guys talking on the spot. Was nice to see the game given some time though.

• Yeah. James isn't the greatest actor either. But it did do one thing, it made it more appealing to people who don't like adventure games by having it reviewed by someone from that sort of crowd....take from that what you will.

The lack of knowledge was cringe-worthy, though, on that other fellow's part.

• @Rather Dashing said: ....this was painful to watch. The PC gamer guy meant to provide some sort of context was obnoxiously lacking in knowledge and actually actively wrong in many places, and James is entirely clueless about not only the genre, but PC gaming as a whole, and it shines through here. It's like watching your grandmother talk about the internet.

I admit the PC gamer guy was a little...off, but James admitted from the start he never played many PC games. Don't act surprised if he seemed ignorant when it came to them.

• great. now james rolfe thinks that all adventure games are as easy as bttf is. just great. i dont like this pc/notebook-guy

• @Rather Dashing said: ....this was painful to watch. The PC gamer guy meant to provide some sort of context was obnoxiously lacking in knowledge and actually actively wrong in many places, and James is entirely clueless about not only the genre, but PC gaming as a whole, and it shines through here. It's like watching your grandmother talk about the internet.

Agreed, utterly painful.

• User Avatar Image
    OMA

Well, I watched this video some days ago, and I've just rewatched it again after reading your comments, and I can't see what's so wrong about it. It's just a review from the point of view of someone who doesn't play adventure games.

And the "PC guy" just said one thing wrong: Sam & Max isn't TTG's first game (Texas Hold 'em & Bone are). But apart from that, I didn't catch any other wrong stuff.

Add Comment