User Avatar Image

Turn subtitles on/off in game/cutscenes?

posted by Bloody Eugene on - last edited - Viewed by 2.4K users

I tried the game, but there are no subtitles during the cinematics.
Because the game is english only and very difficult for anyone not mothertongue (like me) due to the slang used.

I know that BINK video format can have subtitles: there is a way to activate them?

40 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @TTG - Caleb said: Hello, everyone. I just wanted to let you know that I've passed a request up the ladder to have the option to display dialog subtitles during cutscenes included in episodes 2 & 3 of Hector. :)

Thanks a lot! :)

• Thanks, but any chance for an update on episode 1? I also want them...

• @Carlos-SolRaC said: Thanks, but any chance for an update on episode 1? I also want them...

I'll second that!

• @TTG - Caleb said: Hello, everyone. I just wanted to let you know that I've passed a request up the ladder to have the option to display dialog subtitles during cutscenes included in episodes 2 & 3 of Hector. :)

Applause-1.gif

• To get back to topic:
    Is there any chance to get subtitles in the game?
    If I understand the former post correctly, there is no chance to get subtitles in the cutscenes - but in the normal game there should be some?
    I see them in the screenshots on the Hector-Homepage, but in my game there are NO subtitles, neither in the cutscenes nor in the normal game...
    Does anyone know how to get these (existing) subtitles in the normal game get to work?
    Thanks a lot!

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@PanamaJAG said: To get back to topic:
    Is there any chance to get subtitles in the game?
    If I understand the former post correctly, there is no chance to get subtitles in the cutscenes - but in the normal game there should be some?
    I see them in the screenshots on the Hector-Homepage, but in my game there are NO subtitles, neither in the cutscenes nor in the normal game...
    Does anyone know how to get these (existing) subtitles in the normal game get to work?
    Thanks a lot!

That's rather odd. In my game the subtitles are on automatically, and there's no option to turn them off. It's like they're built in.

• @puzzlebox said: That's rather odd. In my game the subtitles are on automatically, and there's no option to turn them off. It's like they're built in.

Could it be a graphical glitch, like with how I can't see the Yes/No graphics when I go to quit Puzzle Agent 2 on my laptop with a crappy Intel GPU?

• Just got ep 1 yesterday night, and for me too the lack of subtitles in cutscenes is a HUGE setback, especially given the marked British (Irish?) accent... I can barely understand a word!!

I was even considering to ask for a refund: what's the point at all of an adventure game if you doesn't understand a significant part of story progression??

• @GozzoMan said: Just got ep 1 yesterday night, and for me too the lack of subtitles in cutscenes is a HUGE setback, especially given the marked British (Irish?) accent... I can barely understand a word!!

I was even considering to ask for a refund: what's the point at all of an adventure game if you doesn't understand a significant part of story progression??

HERE you can find the transcript of the Ep1 cutscenes .
    Don't worry, on the second episode there are full caption.

Add Comment