User Avatar Image

BTTF Ep. 5 OUTATIME Discussion & BTTF Game Review

posted by MichaelJ Fox isAntarctian on - last edited - Viewed by 4.8K users

Well ya post stuff. Be all cool and smart and able to think through multiple time spectrum things in order to disprove other peoples theories. Ya...

433 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • We still need an explanation for Einstein going back with Edna's shoe.

• I absolutely loved the game. It was everything i wanted it to be. Thank you telltale for making such a cool game. :D

For episode 5, thought it was much better than epsiode 4. It had better puzzles and I really liked the fact we went somewhere other than 1931. The ending was insane and I was laughing hysterically at the end. I really liked the punk rock Marty with 12 kids, he was funny.
    One thing I was disappointed with was that we didn't get to go to the future (ie. past 1986) I was really looking forward t doing that.

• @Marty Mcfly III said: I think our Doc returned after he look at the newspaper Marty gave him eg. after he got the key to the city.

Well considering that Doc had no idea why Marty was in 1931, this is probably the case. I can't help but feel that, as the events of the game hasn't happened yet, that Doc jumping through time would cause a paradox. Doc needs to be in 1831 for the events of the game to happen. When did the new Doc return to 1931, so that events that have yet to happen still happen? He obviously went to 1931 prematurely because of Marty's newspaper clipping. One theory is that the Doc that got erased after episode 2 went back to 1986, once time returned to normal but why wouldn't he recall Marty being in 1931?
    Or maybe I'm just thinking about it too much....I feel like my head is going to explode everytime I try to make sense of time travel.

• just finished episode 5 and i must say i dont normally post on forums but i had to say how much i loved it! i love how at the end its almost like doc and marty are like "oh cant be arsed with this anymore" and just randomly fly off to where ever as if it wont make a difference anymore lol proper loved it, hope theres another :D

• OK, the last episode was actually really good, easily the best of the five. The season has been far from perfect gameplay-wise, but they've created a fantastic Back to the Future story that would've made a worthy 4th film. AJ did a mind-blowingly brilliant job as Marty and hearing MJ Fox in episode 5 was a beautiful thing.

So... 5>1>4>2>3 I think.

• Man that ending was horrible. It seemed like something out of some bad BTTF parody skit. 3 Martys? What the hell were they thinking? It doesn't even make sense given the rules theseries has set up.

And Doc're reaction to this horrible/potentially universe destroying paradox? Walk away and come back later? Doc in the original trilogy realized how much they are constantly screwing things up by time traveling and wanted to stop it. Now he is jumping all over the place and letting his sons live in different time periods. And his solution to the 3 Martys problem? "Lets ignore it while we do some more time travel!".

What......the.......hell.

• @ShadowX81 said: Man that ending was horrible. It seemed like something out of some bad BTTF parody skit. 3 Martys? What the hell were they thinking? It doesn't even make sense given the rules theseries has set up.

And Doc're reaction to this horrible/potentially universe destroying paradox? Walk away and come back later? Doc in the original trilogy realized how much they are constantly screwing things up by time traveling and wanted to stop it. Now he is jumping all over the place and letting his sons live in different time periods. And his solution to the 3 Martys problem? "Lets ignore it while we do some more time travel!".

What......the.......hell.

Yeah, I wasn't entirely sure about that ending, but I still liked it all the same.

• People need to quit over analyzing. If you start that, the whole series, movies et al will be disasters. It was just a generic over the top, off on another adventure ending. For shit sake, you could easily pick apart all the movies in that case. I liked the ending for the simple fact that when you change something it WILL affect other events no matter what...enter Heisenberg people. At least it acknowledged that. Was it perfectly beautiful? no, but at least they came to the conclusion that things would have changed(I liked that). I've always had the thought that shit happens...and just because bad things happen and they have a time machine, they should go change things. Pretty damn selfish when you think about it right? but oh wait, IT'S JUST A MOVIE/GAME! Get over it. People can like it or dislike it. I understand that some people like fairytale endings, some don't, some like everything to be closed, some do not, some people like logical conclusions, some like anarchy. Just don't drag facts and canon into the argument since both have been destroyed in all three movies and this game, in favour of what people felt was a good story.

edit: I didn't love the ending but I accepted it and thought it was okay...let's say 6/10. A forum's secondary function is opinion and I respect people's. I don't have any issue with people who are saying that they didnt like it, they didn't like the cluster#$%& at the end and that nothing was explained. I respect that. It's people that are bringing logic into science fiction. Basing facts on something that is non-existent and are just generally conceived sci-fi "rules". I understand keeping everything within the BTTF "universe", but the rules in the franchise change every edition...I mean how many times has Doc admitted to making a mistake. It felt like 2-3 times per movie. So really, this universe has no set rules...back to what I said earlier...ideas and themes were ditched in favour of what they felt would make the best story.

Now, I've had a few and am not sure if this really makes sense or comes off as a rant...but elementally, what I'm saying is...

Like it or don't, it's just a game/story. If you don't like it, say so, ignore it, walk away and don't purchase any future sequels. I already don't accept the existence of a whole second trilogy of movies, and a few other sequels.

• I was pretty disappointed by this episode, honestly.

I really liked episode 3 and 4; they had some very nice, very tense, very emotional scenes and the puzzle quality was a slight step up, which this episode lacked, for the most part.

I actually did like the first part of the episode, at the expo. When I entered the glass house, I seriously thought for a minute that we might actually get an interesting puzzle... but then it ended far too soon and it required no thinking. And I experienced the glitch where you walk up invisible stairs into the closed off room, which got me stuck. So much for that.

I felt like every scene after the expo was just kinda tacked on. Made it hard to get excited about Michael J. Fox's character (though I did like having him back, and the character was introduced nicely). The cliffhanger at episode 4 made it seem like something much bigger were about to happen... but it ended so quickly after the expo episode and then it just dragged on.

I kinda feel like the ending was mocking me, honestly, especially since it seems like a lot of seemingly important plot points were never resolved (most people pointed out the dream in the 1st episode already)

So yeah, I was quite disappointed. I'm surprised so many people liked this episode, it just left me kinda empty and disappointed.

It's a shame, because I really liked the season finale for Tales of the Monkey Island, so I was pretty confident I would enjoy this final episode too... but no dice.

• ^ great example of an opinion based on preference.

I think most people agree that episode 3 was the best...mostly due to the fact it was different. You weren't talking to the same personalities over and over(Hint hint TTG, this did REALLY well amongst the fans). Personally, I felt that was the biggest concern(they can make a story I don't like and that's okay, I'm sure other people like stuff I don't)...but there was no character development voice and attitude wise. Either the writer, producer, or vocal director(or combo of all 3) dropped the ball on that in my opinion. It was like the actors came in, were given the characters worldly trait and talked...little or no direction between lines. Hey, could have been the actor's fault too. I don't know.

Add Comment