User Avatar Image

Sam and Max urban vinyl figures and statues being made!!?

posted by doom saber on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users

I was on the front page of action-figures.com (while sharpening my pencil to study for Ochem) and was am quite suprised to see an article that says Sam and Max vinyl figures and statues were being made by Symbiote Studios. There are also concept art of one of the upcomming statues.

For those who are lazy to search for the article on the site above, here is the url of the article: http://www.action-figure.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=22572

I never heard of them, but I think it is a swell thing that Steve Purcell's characters are finally in solid form.

I wonder if it is possible that Telltale games can aquire some sort of exclusives (whether it be a repaint or a retooled) statue/figure to sell at the telltale site.

67 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • oh yay Sam & Max action figures :D

• Wow, crazy news!

they've posted some concept art, too (click for an additional image)
    2.jpg

more info here, in the Symbiote Studios blog. check out the rest of the blog for (one or two) other examples of their work

• LOL and I thought I was the only one who was pulling an all nighter, though splash1 could be from another time zone.

Was Telltale games aware of symbiote studios getting the license?

• Woo Hoo Yes.. Hell Yes!! Exactly what I wanted.. I just hope its really good quality I don't care about the price

• I wonder how bizarre the urban figures will turn out. For those who do not know, urban vinyls orginated in Hong Kong and are "underground" figures that are done in the style of urban music(hip hop) and graffiti.

They have been quite popular in the states for the past couple of years, whereas toy companies like Hasbro use this style to make Urban vinyls of Star Wars (I think they were the company that are doin the SW vinyls.)

Speaking of urban vinyls, has anyone ever customized a blank Dunny into MAx or a Munny into Bone?

dunnyBox.jpg

Hmmm, I think I should get a munny or a dunny and customize it.

http://www.kidrobot.com/html/dunny2/about.html

LOL Talkin about vinyl figs made me order a Munny fig just now

• @doom saber said: I was on the front page of action-figures.com (while sharpening my pencil to study for Ochem) and was am quite suprised to see an article that says Sam and Max vinyl figures and statues were being made by Symbiote Studios. There are also concept art of one of the upcomming statues.

For those who are lazy to search for the article on the site above, here is the url of the article: http://www.action-figure.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=22572

I never heard of them, but I think it is a swell thing that Steve Purcell's characters are finally in solid form.

I wonder if it is possible that Telltale games can aquire some sort of exclusives (whether it be a repaint or a retooled) statue/figure to sell at the telltale site.

Guess we'll be getting Sam, Max, Sybil, Stinky, Bosco, and Jimmy figures, and a Mr. Spatula statue!

• @Murray the Chao said: Guess we'll be getting Sam, Max, Sybil, Stinky, Bosco, and Jimmy figures, and a Mr. Spatula statue!

But aren't those characters (with the exception of Sam and Max) owned by Telltale? Not sure if the license covers the TT series, though it would be cool to get.

I can see them doing a Salmon Mac and a Flint figure, though they probably have to advertise the toy with his full name, Flint paper, so as not to infringe on Hasbro's copyright since they own the name "Flint", which is used for their Gi Joe line. YO joe!

• @Murray the Chao said: Guess we'll be getting Sam, Max, Sybil, Stinky, Bosco, and Jimmy figures, and a Mr. Spatula statue!

70384439_ba1fd5b9de.jpg

• Whoa, that's awesome! I love those sketches. Hey, is there any chance those could be sold in the Telltale store once they're being made, or would that be logistically or legally impossible?

• User Avatar Image
    jmm

[quote=Jake;52032]70384439_ba1fd5b9de.jpg[/quote]

Oh... great movie, btw

So.... jumping up and down the carpet.... new store items!! "Yes!"

Oh... case file #2!!! "Maybe"

Woo! "Think Again".... crud!

Add Comment