46 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @tredlow said: Wait, what? I thought the legal age applies to both gay and un-gay sex.

I dunno the law on that here its the same I think. Its jsut the way I read that made me think it was diffrent.

• @tredlow said: Wait, what? I thought the legal age applies to both gay and un-gay sex.

No there's a difference. Like in Texas (with one of the lowest legal gay ages) it's illegal to be gay before that age. It's 16 in Texas. There's one state that their legal gay age is 21. On average it's 19.

I only know this because I had to help my brother study for some military test. He had to know each state's legal age for sex and legal gay age. Fun fact, Nevada. Perfectly legal to do it with a 14 year old without parental consent.

• @Elvenmonk said: No there's a difference. Like in Texas (with one of the lowest legal gay ages) it's illegal to be gay before that age. It's 16 in Texas. There's one state that their legal gay age is 21. On average it's 19.

When you say ilegal to be gay do you mean gay sex or be gay at all.

• I mean gay at all. They are, however, not enforced from what I can tell.

• Well that's just stupid. It's like saying: "You like that girl? Well, sorry man, you'll have to wait another 4 years to be allowed to like her."

:/ Sometimes, people's stupidity amazes me.

• @Elvenmonk said: I only know this because I had to help my brother study for some military test. He had to know each state's legal age for sex and legal gay age. Fun fact, Nevada. Perfectly legal to do it with a 14 year old without parental consent.

Ewwwww.

• @Elvenmonk said: No there's a difference. Like in Texas (with one of the lowest legal gay ages) it's illegal to be gay before that age. It's 16 in Texas. There's one state that their legal gay age is 21. On average it's 19.

I only know this because I had to help my brother study for some military test. He had to know each state's legal age for sex and legal gay age. Fun fact, Nevada. Perfectly legal to do it with a 14 year old without parental consent.

I thought the rule was that you're allowed to date anyone who's half your age plus 7 years. Well, dating, not sex. Also, it's more of a norm than a law, I guess.

Also, I just remembered; the UN also made a gay rights protection thing a few days ago, right? Are these two events related?

• @Silverwolfpet said: Hypno-proposals??

What a crazy...and totally cool idea!! :D I can marry Shanti now!!

Or even Majus in New york now!

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@Elvenmonk said: Fun fact, Nevada. Perfectly legal to do it with a 14 year old without parental consent.

@Elvenmonk said: Ewwwww.

In Spain it's legal to get it on with a 13 year old!

@Elvenmonk said: Well that's just stupid. It's like saying: "You like that girl? Well, sorry man, you'll have to wait another 4 years to be allowed to like her."

:/ Sometimes, people's stupidity amazes me.

It's not so much an "allowed to like" thing... Having sex with a person below the age of consent is generally considered statutory rape because it's assumed the underage party doesn't have the maturity and intellectual/emotional capacity required to consent to sexual activities.

I think it's there to protect minors more than anything else. To stop 20 year olds preying on 14 year olds, that kind of thing. At any rate, I don't think the age of consent for gay people should be any higher or lower than AOC for straights.

Also, YAAAY New York.

• @Friar said: Or even Majus in New york now!

I'm quite sure he's taken. :p

@Friar said:
    It's not so much an "allowed to like" thing...

Ah, so it was the AOC. I misunderstood in the beginning.
    The AOC is perfectly ok (in most countries) but, as you said, I don't think it should differ for gay people.

Well, either way, all of this is a good step towards
    *insert MahGuy Verr* STOP FIGHTING!!

Hehe. Yeah... actually, let me rephrase that: People all around the world need a "Pocket MahGuy Verr" to remind them the important stuff in life.

Add Comment