User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 40.8K users

So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.
the11doctors.png

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!

4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • As much as I want to see Johm Barrowman stark naked in bed with the whole cast and a weevil, drinking a bottle of pepsi, I think I might just cope without it.

    Now get THAT out of your head!

  • @Friar said: As much as I want to see Johm Barrowman stark naked in bed with the whole cast and a weevil, drinking a bottle of pepsi, I think I might just cope without it.

    Now get THAT out of your head!

    I think it would be a bottle of Coke, because Coke commercials generally don't have much to do with how the beverage actually tastes.

    No... actually, on second thought it would probably be a Carl's Jr. hamburger, because they like to have risque advertisements anyways.

    ...I'm thinking way too much into this, aren't I? I'll stop now.

  • So Torchwood has the exact same spot in this week's Entertainment Weekly as Doctor Who has 8 weeks ago. This is degrading to Doctor Who.

    Also; Big Finish Day 2 is 8 months away. Better start saving some cash... :P

    Double also; Warrior's Gate: 7/10 Lollipops, with the last scene with Romana getting a 10/10 despite it's rushed nature merely because of Tom's wonderful last line to her. Attack of the Cybermen: 8/10. This story is easily the most violent episode of classic who. It's the infamous 'Doctor kills small legion of Cybermen with Machine Gun' episode. It was also really dark. It also is a pseudo-sequel to The Invasion in that it features Cybermen from that story that have been in hiding, and to The Tenth Planet in a pretty grand way too. The Mind Robber, based on Part One: 9/10. Will watch rest soon(ish).

    Triple also; still haven't seen 6x03. I think I'll wait until about exactly the midway point in the break before watching it. That way it's like a fairly lame special episode! I also still have to watch the two slitheen stories, Runaway Bride, and Fires of Pompeii. I stopped watching Tooth and Claw around 1/3 of the way in, it was so terrible, if that counts.

    Quadruple also; Audio Reviews! :D Time of the Daleks; 4/10. very lolwut. CC: The Pyralis Effect was very good, 8/10, Lalla Ward is lovely. Logopolis Audiobook up to Chapter Six: Christopher Bidmead has one of the nicest voices I've ever heard. 8/10.

    Quintuple also; this is my new gif I send to people to express sadness:
    tumblr_llx0opMKKU1qkdrheo1_500.gif

  • Davros should have stayed with his giant clam idea.

    vlcsnap-1266796.jpg

    Also the Fourth Doctor has handcuffs in his pocket. =)

  • Some how "the clam invasion of earth 2150 AD" doesn't have the same ring to it!

    Also: DO WANT.

  • @Friar said: Some how "the clam invasion of earth 2150 AD" doesn't have the same ring to it!

    Also: DO WANT.

    Oh cool! That looks really - *around $750* wait what. Seriously. What a waste. You could buy 35+ Classic Who DVDs for that price!

  • @Vainamoinen said: matt-smith-batman.jpg

    ...but you guys probably knew about that already. ;)


    Nah nah nah nah Nah nah nah nah DOCTOOR!

    @Ribs: But that $750 includes a voyage to another planet, another universe, Renaissance France AND Full English Breakfasts! :p

    If I was free on those dates, or had £500 spare, I'd definately be considering it. If I could persuade a few of my friends to join...

    In other news, my portable DVD player decided to try and eat "The time monster" last night, which is actually pretty awesome as a Pertwee serial. Unfortunately there's now a scratch on the disc which affects the doctor's awesome philosophical speech about an oldman under a tree at his childhood home. My computer was repaired today, so hopefully it'll be able to read through it.

    *edit*
    It seems the edited torchwood thing works both ways. We apparently have some scenes that the US won't have.

  • @Friar said: Nah nah nah nah Nah nah nah nah DOCTOOR!

    @Ribs: But that $750 includes a voyage to another planet, another universe, Renaissance France AND Full English Breakfasts! :p

    If I was free on those dates, or had £500 spare, I'd definately be considering it. If I could persuade a few of my friends to join...

    In other news, my portable DVD player decided to try and eat "The time monster" last night, which is actually pretty awesome as a Pertwee serial. Unfortunately there's now a scratch on the disc which affects the doctor's awesome philosophical speech about an oldman under a tree at his childhood home. My computer was repaired today, so hopefully it'll be able to read through it.

    *edit*
    It seems the edited torchwood thing works both ways. We apparently have some scenes that the US won't have.

    Heh, it's A. To compensate for the cutting down and B. because some things are too weird or unknown to American Audiences to air here. The DVDs are going to be like Blade Runner with like 10 cuts.

  • I think the extra scenes will probably be more to counteract the missing scenes (they say what happens, for example).

    Oh yeah, I've started watching Tom Baker's first serial. Part one was pretty awesome, and Tom's first few scenes mad me laugh.

    Oh, Oh yeah: I was listening to the radio earlier today, and then Jon Pertwee came on. Creepy.

  • @Friar said: I think the extra scenes will probably be more to counteract the missing scenes (they say what happens, for example).

    Oh yeah, I've started watching Tom Baker's first serial. Part one was pretty awesome, and Tom's first few scenes mad me laugh.

    Oh, Oh yeah: I was listening to the radio earlier today, and then Jon Pertwee came on. Creepy.

    Heh, I watched Nash from TGWTG's review of Robot, and the thing about those reviews is it has a bad habit of making me move the story to a low priority because I more or less know what happens. It's the reason I didn't get Time and the Rani, at least (thank god for that)

    So I decided I'll pick up a CC Sub from 5.7 (Peri 2-discer, has wonderful reviews) to 5.12 (most recent one, has wondeful reviews) later this week when I have teh monies. I'm also pondering picking up another EDA, as I've been neglecting them in favor of the slightly cheaper CCs. Each one of the ones in the sub have had some glowing things said about them, except for 5.11 Ferril's Folly, which I don't care much for anyway because Romana I. The fun of the Sub is that I essentially got one release for free, so I'll pretend it's that one.

    Double Edit: Heh, I could just pick up a 12 sub from 5.03 to 6.02. That's solve my problems qutie well and add another 3 hours worth of entertainment then if I just bought three more EDAs.

    Triple edit: Torchwood is airing 9pm on Thursdays in the UK starting July 14th. Heh.

Add Comment