User Avatar Image

Why isnt Strong bad uncensored?

posted by Leplaya on - last edited - Viewed by 875 users

I know that the subtitles are censored whenever somebody swears in the game. But oddly enough when the game is uncensored mode. Max, Heavy, and Tycho(or however the hell you say his name) are swearing uncensored. However one flaw is that Strong bad's swearing isnt uncensored. Whats the big deal? It would have been funny to see strong bad cursing.

31 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I prefer it this way. Cussing is so overrated and when it used too much it loses its impact.
    Sometimes beeps or derivative words like oh fudge! are funnier in the right context.

• The Brothers Chaps have a huge fan base in Christian colleges. And Homestar Runner started out as a children's book. I'm guessing they don't want to tarnish their reputation.

And Strong Bad is adorably evil, so the bleeping fits.

• Did this not get fixed in the patch? We have Strong Bad's uncensored line and it was supposed to be included when you unbleep the game in the settings, but for the record he literally says "That is some bleeped up bleep, man!"

• Jake I have not played it long enough to hear this line. I downloaded it last night. I'll post with details once I hear it.

• It wasn't fixed in the patch, no. However, I actually think it's better this way. The joke has more impact if you believe he's actually swearing.

• @Jake said: Did this not get fixed in the patch? We have Strong Bad's uncensored line and it was supposed to be included when you unbleep the game in the settings, but for the record he literally says "That is some bleeped up bleep, man!"

If Strong Bad literally said "bleeped up bleep" I think the scene would lose some funny which I think comes from a bit of shock value. Bleep-overs can be funny if used right, like in Sam and Max season two or on Metalocalypse.

• @Bunnyman said: If Strong Bad literally said "bleeped up bleep" I think the scene would lose some funny which I think comes from a bit of shock value. Bleep-overs can be funny if used right, like in Sam and Max season two or on Metalocalypse.

For sure, which is why we bleeped it in the first place. You get the surprise out of hearing Strong Bad be bleeped, and then (allegedly, but apparently not) if you turn off bleeps, he just said the word "bleep."

• @Jake said: For sure, which is why we bleeped it in the first place. You get the surprise out of hearing Strong Bad be bleeped, and then (allegedly, but apparently not) if you turn off bleeps, he just said the word "bleep."

Well it looks like most of us prefer him actually beeing bleeped out then, so maybe if you do patch this game again than
    A.Dont do anything to this line
    B.Fix the save issue.

• There's another line thats not uncensored if you have strong language on: Tycho (after hitting a card that gives him a win) saying "Shit-hot"! Presumably that one was overlooked.

• Yeah, I'm playing on uncensored and Strong Bad is still bleeped out.

Add Comment