User Avatar Image

Introduce Yourself!

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 79.6K users

Just about every forum I've seen has had an introduction thread, and with the new licenses bringing in so many new faces, I feel ours should be no exception. This thread is for new members to introduce themselves and say hello. If you guys like, it can also be for old members to introduce themselves to the new members.

And yes, I'm aware that we already had this thread two months ago, but after the way that one went, I felt a blank slate was in order.

Well! Guess I'll get the ball rolling!

Greetings! I'm GuruGuru214, though most call me Guru. I've been here for around a year and a half, and at the moment I believe I have the 5th highest post count among active posters (behind Avistew, Rather Dashing, Jake, and Irishmile). This means that I talk a lot but not necessarily that I have a lot to say. :D Needless to say, I could very well be the mod who spends the most time on here.

I also started the longest running thread on the forums back before my modship, which is something that fills me with both pride and shame, depending on what's going on in there at any given time.

I've been a gamer for as long as I can remember and own every Nintendo console there is.

th_DSC03361.jpg

See? I also own the full Telltale library, with the exception of Texas Hold'em. Once a year, you'll find me running the Great Monkey Island Race and the Great Sam & Max Race, a speed run competition through every game in each series and a whole lot of fun. Other times, you might find me on other crazy exploits, like running the entire Kingdom Hearts series in chronological order, or cataloging my game collection and then attempting to beat all the games I never finished.

I like to think I'm easy to get along with, as long as you're a reasonable person. Don't look for trouble and we should get along just fine.

Welcome to Telltale! Enjoy your stay and don't cross me! :D

343 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Profanity BANNED

This is me sending a telepathic introduction of myself directly to all of your brains.

• It literally just occurred to me that I've been here for 2 years and never introduced myself....

I happen to be a relatively young member as opposed to some of you (I turned 16 recently) but I got a old broken NES at a yard sale, fixed it, and I've been a Nintendo addict ever since.

My friends and I started a band 2 years ago and released our first CD earlier this week. There's a link in my sig on the off chance that you care.

I'm admittedly terrible at FPSes. I've put about 150-160 hours into TF2 and my kill death ratio still sits at about 3:1. I need more practice.

• @Profanity said: This is me sending a telepathic introduction of myself directly to all of your brains.

Luckily I had auto censor on in my brain at that moment and just got a lot of beeps :)

My name is Alan and I have been pc gaming since the 90s started on pc with Ultima VII moved to MUD's and then AC/EQ and been a game junky my whole life. Glad to be around, this is a great time for telltale.

• Howdy, all!

I'm a longtime adventure gamer, and having wrapped up BTTF I believe I can now actually say that I've played through ALL of Telltale's self-published adventures. (I'll get around to the CSI games eventually, and I don't know what counts as "finishing" the poker titles.)

That is, I'm done until next week when Puzzle Agent 2 hits...

• Hey everyone!

Originally just signed up here to order some of Telltale's games due to the sale (currently have only played Sam & Max 104), but saw there was a forum here too, and decided I might as well have a look around =)

Relatively new to adventure gaming, myself. Believe I started with Myst a long time ago (which I loved, even though I could never figure out any of the puzzles on my own!), but only REALLY got into the genre this year. Turns out I'm still pretty rubbish at them, but I enjoy them, so hey, that's all that matters, right? Even though the puzzles give me trouble, I like them, as there's that sense of satisfaction when you finally figure it out.

I'm a bit of a collector of older games too, mainly for SEGA systems, but I also collect some Nintendo games too. I still use my NES, Sega Master System, Megadrive, Sega Saturn, and Nintendo 64 pretty frequently, and always enjoy discovering new games for them!

• Hey ya'll,
    I signed up with telltale back in march but due to technical difficulties, I was not able to post until today. Thank you tech support for fixing the problem. Im an old school gamer and a BTTF fan from way back. Seems like a nice community and I like what I see so far.

• Well its been a while...Never introduced myself. But here goes...

I'm a normal guy. Live in nice suburban home near the river. Pretty nice place. Recently moved back to Florida so things have changed. I work for my father at his dealership. I'm also my moms assistant, she is an Insurance Broker who just started her new company. After selling her old one (All Med Services of Florida).

It's pretty fun, and I get to help out the folks that raised me. But other than that, I love Telltale. Their games have something that keeps me coming back. They are awesome. Every game they produce is awesome (BTTF was a little bit bad. But still better then what we got as kids)

But yea. Thats me. Finally introduced myself after a long time.

• @kakashy said: Hi there~~
    kakashy from china~~love u gays~~
    i love telltale games~~heehee~~

"love u gays?"

Do you mean guys?? :confused:

Add Comment