User Avatar Image

Dino Crisis reboot

posted by samusaran253 on - last edited - Viewed by 2.2K users

Capcom is asking people what they want more, a new Dino Crisis game or some other random game franchise I've never heard of. Dino Crisis is currently dominating the poll by about 400 votes, please show your support and vote in the poll, it's on the main page: http://www.capcom-europe.com/

40 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Breath of Fire is a way better series, AND it has dinosaur like creatures!

• Yeah, but dinosaurs are just awesome by default. lol

I was playing Dino Crisis 2 the other day on my PSP. I really wish they would bring this series back. It would be epic.

• A dino crisis 1 remake would be great if capcom did the same thing they did for the Re 1 remake, ie make the same game with the same plot, location and characters. But none of the Re4 action crap!

• @Alstom1995 said: A dino crisis 1 remake would be great if capcom did the same thing they did for the Re 1 remake, ie make the same game with the same plot, location and characters. But none of the Re4 action crap!

Your're talking about the Gamecube remake? yeah, that one was amazing. I could see them doing a remake like that for Dino Crisis as well.

• Yeah the team behind that game did a great job. I didn't like the way Wesker was portrayed though, he should've been less obvious and more like a smooth talking cop like he was in the original game. This english sounding voice and character doesn't suit him!

On the subject of Dino Crisis I only really liked the first one, I still play it even now. DC2 was good but it was more of an action arcade game imo and the story didn't seem dino crisis enough, compared to the first!

If they remade DC1 like they did with the original RE, and providing it stuck to the same storyline, plot, and survival horror gameplay i'd buy it! They made the Arklay Mansion bigger, so imagine how bigger they could make Ibis Island.. The characters and music should stay as they are, and the voice acting should either be done again with the same cast or at least sound similar. There isn't anything wrong with it, Dr Kirk should sound like he does because that's his kind of character, and Regina and her team sound like cool headed agents. So in effect all Capcom need to do is enhance the graphics, and add some more puzzles to the game.

• @Alstom1995 said: Yeah the team behind that game did a great job. I didn't like the way Wesker was portrayed though, he should've been less obvious and more like a smooth talking cop like he was in the original game. This english sounding voice and character doesn't suit him!

On the subject of Dino Crisis I only really liked the first one, I still play it even now. DC2 was good but it was more of an action arcade game imo and the story didn't seem dino crisis enough, compared to the first!

If they remade DC1 like they did with the original RE, and providing it stuck to the same storyline, plot, and survival horror gameplay i'd buy it! They made the Arklay Mansion bigger, so imagine how bigger they could make Ibis Island.. The characters and music should stay as they are, and the voice acting should either be done again with the same cast or at least sound similar. There isn't anything wrong with it, Dr Kirk should sound like he does because that's his kind of character, and Regina and her team sound like cool headed agents. So in effect all Capcom need to do is enhance the graphics, and add some more puzzles to the game.

That would be something I'd kill for. Unfortunately thats something we will never see, just like a Trespasser remake, simply because it wouldnt sell enough. Hell, they even cancel done games cause it wouldnt make billions

• It's the same with the original Resident Evil games, I guess you can consider Re Darkside chronicles a Re2 and CV remake.

I still play DC1 sometimes, in all the years it's been made i've never seen a game like it.

Trespasser is a good game too I still have my copy that I bought in the 90's. I have my Dino crisis ps1 game too. I voted Trespasser as the best JP game simply because in spite of the bugs, it is the only interactive game that lets u walk around an ingen facility with dinosaurs and the JP story. The John Hammond memoirs are really cool too, you get a story of what happened to Ingen and Site B. People have also made levels for it, including one where you play as Nedry and have to get to the East Dock before the ship leaves!

I dunno if i'd like Trespasser remade. A finished Trespasser would be good though! :rolleyes: I'd like to see the additions of the extra levels they took out, the bugs fixed, and a slight graphical update too. Trespasser was never finished and was rushed out with the Lost World film, that's why it was never as good as it should have been.

I am looking forward to telltales JP game though. JP1 was the best film and it will be great to be on Isla Nublar and experience the incident from another point of view. :)

• I play Dino Crisis 2 more than Dino Crisis 1 but I like them both. I actually think that a remake of dino crisis would be safer in the hands of the Dead Space 1 and 2 team than with Capcom. I don't like the direction that RE is going and i think Dead Space 2 has the type of atmosphere and storying telling that would do well for a Dino Crisis game.

• Capcom seems to of followed Sega. They both seem to be incapable of making anything new and interesting regarding RE and SOR, they just re release them!

• I wonder if the Dino Crisis level in Street Fighter x Tekken is a sign that CAPCOM are looking into the possibility of re-exploring the franchise? At the very least it is good to see they haven't completely forgotten its existence!

Add Comment