User Avatar Image

Suggestions to improve JP graphic

posted by Bloody Eugene on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

I edited some picture to suggest TT some improvements about this game:
39112656.th.jpg 42422285.th.jpg 73231114.th.jpg 010nh.th.jpg 012tk.th.jpg 014kc.th.jpg 016ft.th.jpg 017nwo.th.jpg 10939467.th.jpg 019ejh.th.jpg

And (to balance) some good shots of the game :) :
30729013.th.jpg 13263049.th.jpg 18487499.th.jpg 10502973.th.jpg 18109589.th.jpg 39596004.th.jpg 64864782.th.jpg

59 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • What they have showed on E3 is an early build. It is identified as such in the footage.

• I know it is an early build, but read this quote from Mark Darin:

@MarkDarin said: Just to briefly touch on the subject, the delay is less about graphics and more about quality of gameplay for all versions of the game.

And, btw, better address some potential improvement while we're still in time! ;)

• Yes and these are not huge things they have to fix, but they would greatly improve the quality.

• Love when these things are brought up!

• "I'm so bored with realistic graphics. I can go outside and see realistic graphics. I want something that really excites my imagination." -RG

I would much rather TT concentrated (as they seem to be) on improving the actual gameplay than wasting time correcting minor graphic flaws.

They could spend a fortune improving the graphics to Crysis 2 type levels, and it'll still look dated in a couple of years.

It's the gameplay that'll bring me back again and again for years to come...

• I'm also more worried about gameplay and how smooth a games runs than graphics. And right now I think the graphics are fine and that focus need to be on gameplay, and making sure there's no glitches, pop-ins, lag and stuff like that.

• Seriously in need of a topic like this, i completely agree with everything in the first post. I could point out countless flaws like this in BTTF too.

What bothers me is that these problems arent even hard to fix (I'm a freelance 3D artist) so i know exactly what goes into modeling texturing and lighting. They are just simply overlooked and thrown to the side in the hope that no one notices... or perhaps just as probable, they just dont know what they're doing to begin with!

Seriously, i've seen mods for games that are more impressive than this whole game looks already, it's laughable.

Also, saying "Telltale games are about story not graphics! BLAH BLAH BLAH" This is not an excuse, in this day and age this type of quality is not acceptable.

A story probably takes about 1 to 2 months to write and finalize... What are they doing with the rest of their time? Certainly with this huge pushback they've had on the game, theres no excuse to have it looking as bad in the screens above.

There's 2 reasons i believe it got pushed back, Universal saw the final product they were going to release in April, and said no way, go back and work on it some more.

Or again Universal saw the product and didnt think it would do well on its own and decided to coinside the release of the game with the JP Blu ray, much like BTTF.

Their reason for the pushback, was just to save face.

• I think one of the biggest problem in Telltale Engine is that (IMHO) they lack distance LOD. Little objects (like the egg) are always a small bunch of polys. Yeah, having 2 models for some object - one for near and one for distant - is more demanding for 3d artists, but the result would be nicer.

• There's 2 reasons i believe it got pushed back, Universal saw the final product they were going to release in April, and said no way, go back and work on it some more.

Or again Universal saw the product and didnt think it would do well on its own and decided to coinside the release of the game with the JP Blu ray, much like BTTF.

Or another reason is the fact the game has been rushed, personally I don't want to see a rushed game!

As for the graphics?! I am so sick and tired of people like you, graphics graphics graphics, it's why video games are getting so boring! I for one am glad that telltale actually cares about a storyline and not just how it looks! Graphics are important but i'd rather enjoy playing a GAME and not a piece of art! Just because something looks good it doesn't mean it's a good game, PS1 games are blocky nowadays in comparison to a lot of bland modern games, but at least a lot of them actually have a fun factor, and interesting gameplay!

I could point out countless flaws like this in BTTF too.

What the fact it isn't a fps, the fact it concentrates more on a storyline, and the fact it isn't a gta copy? Yeah shame isn't it :rolleyes:

• @Alstom1995 said: Or another reason is the fact the game has been rushed, personally I don't want to see a rushed game!

How has it been rushed? It's actually been delayed twice now having been originally slated for Fall 2010, now it's been delayed a year and I would be hesitant to say that much has changed. A little tweaks here and there, some slightly better visuals, etc.

For the most part it's been complete since April, as it's been stated before it's all about getting things ready and translatable from PC/Mac to 360/PS3 ports ensuring everyone will get the same experiences.

Add Comment