User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 44K users

So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.
the11doctors.png

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!

4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I was just about to post the UK timings. ¬_¬
    Wait... that's almost a week behind the US! Oh well, I guess i'll have to make do with the fact we're getting some more radio dramas, which will actually go on the radio, so I can listen on the way to work. It's only a small consolation, given that they'll appear on the iPlayer for all to hear, but it'll have to do!

Which of the EDA's have you got? Just the first two?

I finished watching Robot last night, and it was pretty good. Worth watching. Even more so because I had seen the robot in the flesh (well, aluminium). My mother caught a glance of it over my shoulder (it was on my laptop), and her usual statement of "Oh! It's Sarah-Jane! She's my favourite" turned to "Aw, it's sarah-jane". That was sad, and made me miss her (and the brig) even more.

• @Friar said: I was just about to post the UK timings. ¬_¬
    Wait... that's almost a week behind the US! Oh well, I guess i'll have to make do with the fact we're getting some more radio dramas, which will actually go on the radio, so I can listen on the way to work. It's only a small consolation, given that they'll appear on the iPlayer for all to hear, but it'll have to do!

Which of the EDA's have you got? Just the first two?

I finished watching Robot last night, and it was pretty good. Worth watching. Even more so because I had seen the robot in the flesh (well, aluminium). My mother caught a glance of it over my shoulder (it was on my laptop), and her usual statement of "Oh! It's Sarah-Jane! She's my favourite" turned to "Aw, it's sarah-jane". That was sad, and made me miss her (and the brig) even more.

Yeah, just the first two. I really liked the first two, but the CCs for some reason are priority at the moment. But, I already own 7/48ths of them, soon to be 17/48, so it's slowly going to be purchased! Also, I know how the last one ends but without any context because I'm terrible with things like that.

I'm listening to Neverland/Zagreus this week, an hour each night, followed by an episode of Frontios (and on Friday it's making of) and a making of one of the Who DVDs I have. I'm quite excited, and it appears Zagreus is okay so long as you pay attention to it, which should not be a problem. Then I'll have 2 week's worth of CCs to listen to one a night, I believe. Which will be nice.

So... The boxset with The Three Companions has an interview with Nick Courtney (it's the last who-related thing he did) as an extra. I think I'll pick it up, but for the wrong reason of the DWM specials now have cover art. Plus, they're editing The aforementioned three companions into 3x40 minute episodes from 12x10 minute episodes, with a disc devoted to Polly, Thomas Brewster, and The Brig, respectively.

I watched the last Sarah Jane. Honestly, they shouldn't air the last three recorded now. That was a really nice send off.

• Weird question: Does any one of you look like the 10th or 11th Doctor?

• @Silverwolfpet said: Weird question: Does any one of you look like the 10th or 11th Doctor?

Nope. But I have a friend who looks like the love child of patrick troughton and Roger Delgado's master.

• @Friar said: Nope. But I have a friend who looks like the love child of patrick troughton and Roger Delgado's master.

Thank you for the disturbing mental images that will make it impossible for me to sleep tonight. Well, at least I'll get to catch up on my Fallout...

• @coolsome said: Karen Gillan had a wild night.

I find the guy looking through his peephole to be far more disturbing than Karen in this case.

• Hmm... I'm faced with a dilemma. I have the first series of Torchwood on DVD (as individual DVDs), but none of the others. I want to buy them, but I'm not sure if I should get the blu-ray set of them all(£37), or just the two remaining sets on bluray for around £20. Is it worth the extra £17 to have them all in HD and in a neat box? That £17 could buy me another doctor who boxset (or two if I'm careful).

• @Friar said: Hmm... I'm faced with a dilemma. I have the first series of Torchwood on DVD (as individual DVDs), but none of the others. I want to buy them, but I'm not sure if I should get the blu-ray set of them all(£37), or just the two remaining sets on bluray for around £20. Is it worth the extra £17 to have them all in HD and in a neat box? That £17 could buy me another doctor who boxset (or two if I'm careful).

Get the cheep one. If you really wanted to spend extra on the cool box you would have the second you seen it. :p

Add Comment