User Avatar Image

Ep 5: Find out where HV is.

posted by AwesomePossum on - last edited - Viewed by 891 users

When I go to the clay oven I can't move and yet I've already put the mop on the cactus noutside of Edna's house. Help?

38 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • To clear things up:
    The hat will NOT be there to start with.

You must talk to Edna (via the tripwire) about things that happened today/in her past until you get to show her something.
    Then you can show her Doc as "Emmet Brown" to get her to come outside.
    Using the flowerpot on her then starts the flashback trance, the trance then has several stages:
    1) The mop head from near the outhouse on the cactus becomes officer parker to move on 1 stage.
    2) Once in the delorean the tripwire simulates a time jump making her get out of the car
    3) At this point grabbing edna's hat (she takes it off when she comes outside) and adding to the cactus becomes her grandfather and moves you on to the tannen story.
    4) Then outhouse sign on the outhouse prompts recalling tannens saloon.
    5) Searching the clay oven to get the burning stick and using it on the outhouse prompts recalling burning the saloon down and the info you need to know.

• I found the hat on the ground.

• @dxdy said: this correct actions for passing this:

- knock to door (you activate tripwire)
    - knock to door again. tell to Edna you be today together
    - knock again and tell Edna you borough some to her and then click to Doc
    - when Edna go out, she put down Hat and put him on STOP sign.
    - tell Doc word Shnookums
    - use recording device (flowers) on Edna
    - when Edna enter in burned DeLorean, use Tripwire
    - use Mop and Hat on cactus
    - put Saloon sign on Outhouse
    - click on Clay Oven and give burning wood to Edna

Thanks, now I know what went wrong. After getting Edna to confess at the Expo, I put the recording device back in the phone booth to try out something and didn't pick it up again. Seems to me like I'm stuck at this point. Hill Valley - and therefore the Expo - is gone by now hence getting back there might be a bit difficult. :-)

Looks like a beginner's mistake in riddle-design to me. The story should never be able to proceed without the character carrying all needed items. :-(

• @dxdy said: here is my save (PC) for this position

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2635&d=1308920100

Thank you, dxdy. You saved me a lot of work

• Once Edna comes out grab her hat by the door. She'll talk about repressed memories and you'll have to recreate exactly what happened in 1931 at her house.

• I got the same bug - Clicked on the cactus and it automatically put the hat on without me having picked it up. Now I can't progress because Edna is technically seeing a hat-less cactus.

Anyone have a Mac save for this part of the game or know of a workaround/patch?

• Never mind. Found an auto-save from the beginning of the scene. All sorted and finished now. :) Cool ending.

• @Guybrush81 said: The story should never be able to proceed without the character carrying all needed items. :-(

Maybe they're training for the King's Quest game, with all those Sierra-style dead ends...

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Kaladron said: I got the same bug - Clicked on the cactus and it automatically put the hat on without me having picked it up. Now I can't progress because Edna is technically seeing a hat-less cactus.

Anyone have a Mac save for this part of the game or know of a workaround/patch?

Had the same problem on PC but somehow got around it... not sure but maybe I clicked on the spot that the hat was supposed to be on (fence)??

• use my save position...

hat is on top of STOP sign... Edna put hat there when go out from house to see Emmet...

Add Comment