User Avatar Image

Suggestions to improve JP graphic

posted by Bloody Eugene on - last edited - Viewed by 462 users

I edited some picture to suggest TT some improvements about this game:
39112656.th.jpg 42422285.th.jpg 73231114.th.jpg 010nh.th.jpg 012tk.th.jpg 014kc.th.jpg 016ft.th.jpg 017nwo.th.jpg 10939467.th.jpg 019ejh.th.jpg

And (to balance) some good shots of the game :) :
30729013.th.jpg 13263049.th.jpg 18487499.th.jpg 10502973.th.jpg 18109589.th.jpg 39596004.th.jpg 64864782.th.jpg

59 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I didn't say it had been rushed, I said it might of been rushed at least that's what I was implying. :rolleyes:

• @Alstom1995 said: As for the graphics?! I am so sick and tired of people like you, graphics graphics graphics, it's why video games are getting so boring!

The reason why graphics are an essential part of any modern day game, is because they are there to immerse you, the better they are, the better they do that. However in this case, with the bad graphical examples above, players notice this and DETRACTS from the experience, sure the story may be fantastic (Doubtful) but if i see something that doesnt look right on screen, it's going to take the person playing OUT of the story altogether.

Do you understand how this can affect the game experience?

PS1 games are blocky nowadays in comparison to a lot of bland modern games, but at least a lot them actually have a fun factor, and interesting gameplay!

Yes, PS1 games nowadays can be still fun, but for me I know they're gonna look blocky because of the technical limitations there were back then and i understand that and look past such things.

Nowadays, there are obviously many more possibilities available to developers, and to have JP looking as a game being made in 2011 is just not fair. I see it as a plain-as-day cop out, with people basically not doing their jobs right.

What the fact it isn't a fps, the fact it concentrates more on a storyline, and the fact it isn't a gta copy? Yeah shame isn't it :rolleyes:

This has nothing to do with anything, you assume because i expect decent graphics from a game I dont care about story. Therefore you ended up at the assumption that i must play mindless games like GTA. Nice one.

And i don't know why people mindlessly praise Telltale as being somesort of Master-race of writers. They're simply not that good, mediocre at best. BTTF-TG was an awful story, all around, confusing comedy with stupidity.

Personally, i'd be happy if Telltale left both of my most beloved franchises alone to begin with.

• The reason why graphics are an essential part of any modern day game, is because they are there to immerse you, the better they are, the better they do that. However in this case, with the bad graphical examples above, players notice this and DETRACTS from the experience, sure the story may be fantastic (Doubtful) but if i see something that doesnt look right on screen, it's going to take the person playing OUT of the story altogether.

Do you understand how this can affect the game experience?

Yeah I do understand, I understand that certain dipsticks like you watch a game and point out minor things like hey did you see that, the character doesn't have a shadow under that tree, I totally can't play the rest of this game now! :rolleyes: You aren't happy unless it's an absolute perfect quality picture yawn.
    Who cares if the design is a fucking year old, that's nothing! When graphics get to the point that it looks as real as the scenery you see outside in the real world, then to me it's no longer a game and just art!

Back in the days of the PS1 we never cared about the graphics and it was always more about the gameplay. Well that's where modern gaming for me has gone wrong. Suddenly it's important that when we're standing in the sea the water is crystal clear, yawn if I want to do that i'll go and stand in the sea in the real world!

This has nothing to do with anything, you assume because i expect decent graphics from a game I dont care about story. Therefore you ended up at the assumption that i must play mindless games like GTA. Nice one.

Nah not just GTA4 but I was being sarcastic. I just used GTA4 as an example what with it being graphically brilliant and visually immersive, not to mention downright boring! :rolleyes:

And i don't know why people mindlessly praise Telltale as being somesort of Master-race of writers. They're simply not that good, mediocre at best. BTTF-TG was an awful story, all around, confusing comedy with stupidity.

Some of us actually enjoyed Bttf, and I haven't actually said that Telltale are a master race, I leave that to the chinese :D

Personally, i'd be happy if Telltale left both of my most beloved franchises alone to begin with.

Yeah I mean TT are already previewing the JP game with 2011 graphics so that's a serious violation :D

• I just spent a good 45 minutes writing a detailed, well though out response to what you had to say.

But of course, something went wrong and i lost it all. But i digress.

I'll be replying in noteform instead now.

@Alstom1995 said: Yeah I do understand, I understand that certain dipsticks like you watch a game and point out minor things like hey did you see that, the character doesn't have a shadow under that tree, I totally can't play the rest of this game now! :rolleyes: You aren't happy unless it's an absolute perfect quality picture yawn.

Grow up. Name calling not needed.
    I don't.
    Graphical bugs when displayed for long amounts of time on screen, distract from the game.
    Devs obviously see these, decide to to nothing about it.
    Nothing is perfect.
    I expect effort to be put into any game i decide to buy.
    Graphics are a huge factor in game reviews too.
    TT need to realise they cant get by on story alone.
    The real world has caught up with them.
    They need to step up their game to survive.

Who cares if the design is a fucking year old, that's nothing! When graphics get to the point that it looks as real as the scenery you see outside in the real world, then to me it's no longer a game and just art!

What's wrong with games looking as good as they can?
    Nothing. That's what.

Back in the days of the PS1 we never cared about the graphics and it was always more about the gameplay. Well that's where modern gaming for me has gone wrong. Suddenly it's important that when we're standing in the sea the water is crystal clear, yawn if I want to do that i'll go and stand in the sea in the real world!

Don't lie. Of course people did.
    Graphics back then were just as important as they are now, in reviews etc.
    Crossing technical boundries in computers and consoles, achieving artistic goals, Immersing the player in more immersive, believable environments. Negative thing according to you.

Nah not just GTA4 but I was being sarcastic. I just used GTA4 as an example what with it being graphically brilliant and visually immersive, not to mention downright boring! :rolleyes:

'Graphically brilliant', 'Visually immersive.'
    Using these two phrases to describe a game contradicts your argument.

• If this can't be discussed in a civil way, I'll close this thread faster than the doors of Ingen.

• All I have to say is, I don't care a lot about the graphics, I never really noticed anything wrong to be honest(Mostly because I'm uneducated on this kinda thing...) I noticed that awful looking egg shell. I do think if Telltale wants this product sold, they should pull out all the stops on this game because aside from us everybody else is looking for a game that has beautiful up to date graphics. If it's financially feasable I think you should fix every graphic flaw. I love JP and I expect that this is going to be an excellent story, I know it will. TT ARE great writers and story tellers.

BTTF was spot on, they had everything they needed for the story and I did notice that the graphics weren't amazing, but I understood that they didn't HAVE to be simply because of the art form you chose to make it in. I played Strong Bad on my PS3 and it was AWESOME and I thought the graphics were great with that. But once again they couldn't make him photo realistic LOL.

All in all I do think these things should be fixed so that critics and Youtubers alike don't have anything to rag on TellTale about. As for me, I'm fine with the way things are...except that egg shell...it just annoys me.

• The graphics are very important and the video shows many errors, bad dinosaur movement and facial movement horrible but have said is a BETA DEMO under development, although not perfectly finished with which I hope the final product is best.

The story of Dilo seemed very interesting and disturbing. Many people criticize the game because it's just pressing buttons occasionally while watching an animated movie as they say.

However it seems to me very interesting, it is true it could be otherwise but more importantly this game is to tell an interesting story and I think it's a good way as it is doing TT.

Anyone know if it will include subtitles in Spanish of Spain?

----------

• @FPug said: All I have to say is, I don't care a lot about the graphics, I never really noticed anything wrong to be honest(Mostly because I'm uneducated on this kinda thing...) I noticed that awful looking egg shell. I do think if Telltale wants this product sold, they should pull out all the stops on this game because aside from us everybody else is looking for a game that has beautiful up to date graphics. If it's financially feasable I think you should fix every graphic flaw. I love JP and I expect that this is going to be an excellent story, I know it will. TT ARE great writers and story tellers.

You mean they should...spare no expense?

*waits for the groans*

• @Shadowknight1 said: You mean they should...spare no expense?

*waits for the groans*

:) I couldn't have put it better myself.

• While I agree that Telltale would do well to update their graphics engine, that is not what TTG is about. Telltale is about telling a good story and having some fun gameplay and within the confines of a comfortable file download size, which it seems is anywhere between 150 - 400 MB. Granted, I would be more than fine with a file for each episode that was 1 -2 GB for the sake of higher resolution graphics, that isn't what they are going for. Jurassic Park and Back to the Future show that, at least with these Universal games, they are going for just a few steps above "casual" gaming.

After Sam & Max season 3, most of their outings have been a helluva lot more casual, and it seems like this might be a trend. With these big properties they've got to have mass appeal, which means easier games with small download sizes, and smaller sizes means that the graphics aren't a high priority (not that they've always been with TTG, but Sam & Max and Monkey Island take to the cartoonish look better than this game does). I hope the Walking Dead is a bit more hard core (I love the cell shaded look, and I hope that is an in-game screen shot floating around).

Add Comment