User Avatar Image

Thank you Telltale!

posted by TomLoke on - last edited - Viewed by 3.2K users

This is my first time playing a telltale game, and I'm excited that it's going to be Back to the Future. Really hope to enjoy it today!

Don't really care if it's not released "on time" because hey, I have my own responsibilities so it's okay if I have to wait a few more hours or so. :)

119 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • thank you tell tale, I have finally found a way to give you myy business. Now make season 2 please.

Ok, serious this time.

I am very thankful you guys could rejuvenate the franchise, in a cheap way.

• Eh? As much as I enjoyed this game and appreciate TellTale for finally continuing this story...it didn't reinvigorate the franchise. How could it? The only people who knew it was coming were TellTale Games fans or Back to the Future fans. There were never any commercials or advertising done for the game aside from trailers on IGN and Gametrailers and a Facebook game.

• @Shadowknight1 said: Eh? As much as I enjoyed this game and appreciate TellTale for finally continuing this story...it didn't reinvigorate the franchise. How could it? The only people who knew it was coming were TellTale Games fans or Back to the Future fans. There were never any commercials or advertising done for the game aside from trailers on IGN and Gametrailers and a Facebook game.

E3 did a pretty big showcase on it, but I think they were waiting a bit for all the episodes to be out. I wouldn't be surprised if they start an ad campaign now that all 5 are out.

• @63cohen said: E3 did a pretty big showcase on it, but I think they were waiting a bit for all the episodes to be out. I wouldn't be surprised if they start an ad campaign now that all 5 are out.

I would be, considering that there's never been a big ad push after a game has come out. There may be ports to other platforms, which may cause some renewed interest, but I wouldn't expect a major advertising push at this juncture.

• @Rather Dashing said: I would be, considering that there's never been a big ad push after a game has come out. There may be ports to other platforms, which may cause some renewed interest, but I wouldn't expect a major advertising push at this juncture.

Precisely.

• User Avatar Image
    Flo

There's always a chance that the retail release will cause some renewed interest. Lots of people still aren't aware of digital distribution and still others actively avoid it.

• I just wanted to let the developers know they accomplished something truly great.

I never cared for the BTF franchise. I always thought it was too squeaky clean and nice. I played the first three episodes on a friends' computer, very reluctantly and because there was nothing else to do. With each consecutive episode, I was more drawn in, more sold. The writing took a dark turn, the characters popped out of the screen and became more than I could ever expect.

I purchased the series and loved every single episode, especially the fourth one was a high water mark for Telltale in general. Darkness intermingled with twisted humor in the very best Lucasarts tradition.

People bashin' this in reviews simply do not get it. You did an awesome job, don't ever compromise.

Thank you for an unexpectedly good time with a franchise I never thought I'd look at twice!

• Dear telltale,
    Thank you for making back to the future the game. I am a BTTF fan from way back. I am a fan of the movies and have been since the first movie was released in theaters. I downloaded and played the first episode of the game, finished it and enjoyed it. Since I am a truck driver and I do not have a laptop computer, I have to wait until I get back home to download and play the rest of the episodes. I only get home once a month so its a long wait.
    In the meantime I couldn't help spoiling the rest of it for myself. It was such a good story that I ended up watching episodes 2-5 via walkthroughs on youtube on my droid. Lol. Dont worry, even though I downloaded episode 1 for free I am still going to purchase and play the complete season. My children have already played and finished episode 1 as well.
    Even though I havent played the entire season I cant wait for season 2. IF you make it. Please do!!!

• I don't know if this has been said before but I really feel the need to say it now.

Thank you.

Not just for the Sam and Max',s the Monkey Islands, all the other great games, but thank you for them all.

I'm posting this here in the Back to the Future thread, because I just got time to sit down with the final episode and indulge myself.

I can honestly say that I am sitting here with a massive Banana Grin on my face after the ending.. the little moments the "Assholes" comment.. the fly car into the screen into "Back in time" everything about it just made me grin, even the reference to Emmett possibly inventing the Hoverboard.

I know that there has been mixed emotions among the community..some talking about the hint system, some talking about how easy it was so many other things besides. I'd never tell those people their opinions are wrong, but what I can say is that I think you all deserve to know that I loved every Damned second of this game.

I genuinely hope that someone sees this and is willing to spread it to those involved in the making of this adventure, to let them know that their work is greatly appreciated .

So to those invovled, Thank you so much for putting this together. and giving us fans more of Marty and the Doc (and hell for that matter, Micheal and Christopher). the last scene with AJ, MJF and Christopher together is going to stick in my mind for a while, and not in a bad way.

again.

Thank you all.

• First off let me start by saying I never do or write thank you letters, But after playing the back to future series I have been compelled to do so and could not find a contact email to send this letter to. As a child of the 80's back to the future was one of my favorite movies ever and very dear to me. After playing the series I just cant express how impressed I am and how true you were to the source material..Thank you so much for recreating the bttf world and making a truly great story with amazing voice actors, I hope you do more and Kudos to you all. Thank you.

Add Comment