User Avatar Image

ACK! Things that have made you want to cry/scream!

posted by dumpling321 on - last edited - Viewed by 680 users

have you ever worked on a project for weeks and then everything went wrong? Have you ever just not been able to a section of a game? Have you ever had something happen that caused you to lose a competition literally right as you were about to win?

this is a thread for people to post the most anticlimactic things that have ever happened to them.

Most recently for me, I started working on this http://cp.c-ij.com/en/contents/3158/tanabata-doll/index.html I had spent over a week on it, I had finished the main mechanism, I had checked to make sure it worked, I had also finished Hikoboshi and had attached him to the main box, I tried to turn the crank to make it work, and the inner mechanism broke, A week of extremely tedious work down the drain right as I was almost finished... I didn't even get to see him lift his little hands :( I ended up raging, tearing it in half, wadding it up, and throwing it as hard as I could across the room...

27 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • *PST* Americans...lol

Right now, I hate to hog it , but the most ACK! thing in my life is this back injury. I woke up today feeling like crap physically. It's very frustrating.

Thanks for sharing your story. This really sucks, I got pains all over, and in new places.

Well, tell us if you ever finish that toy, I'd love to see it finished.

• Yeah. When I finished an enormous segment of this embroidery thing I'd been working on only to find that I'd mixed the wrong colors and would have to take it all out and redo it again. Horrible horrible horrible.

Also, every time my memory decides to abandon me for happier pastures.

• @doodo! said:
    Well, tell us if you ever finish that toy, I'd love to see it finished.

Yeah! I'll definately Post something, I've been thinking of posting an arts and crafts topic and I probibly will once I finish the blanket I'm crocheting and this papercraft... I'm planning to start it again, and this time I'm going to print out 2 pages of each section and double all of the paper to make it stronger (I'm using cardstock xD)

@doodo! said: Yeah. When I finished an enormous segment of this embroidery

LOLOL Yeah! My mom once forgot to do some of the embroidered vine on a cross-stitch, she managed to get it framed and it's still hanging on the wall minus one embroidered section lol

• @dumpling321 said: LOLOL Yeah! My mom once forgot to do some of the embroidered vine on a cross-stitch, she managed to get it framed and it's still hanging on the wall minus one embroidered section lol

Yep. Mine is a cross stitch as well and it hopefully will be finished by the end of the summer. By which time I hope I will also be able to frame it and hang it on a wall. Of course, my pattern is a wizard fighting a dragon on the top of a tall tower...so there's that.

[ATTACH]2651[/ATTACH]

Here's a most recent picture. All the grey bits on the right had to be redone painstakingly. It was awful.

• Aaaaaugh! I haytchoo, awesome pants! I need to be someplace awesome in 30 minutes, but your zipper is always, ALWAYS stuck at the bottom! I'd wear some other pants, but they're not as awesome as you!

• When I was about 12 I had saved up my money for Mario is missing for the NES... it broke my heart when I played it... I had thought it was going to be a regular Mario game....

• I was expecting a post from Dashing about the modern adventure game industry, but sadly nothing.

• I had to work from 6 am to 11 pm for two days straight with minimal breaks because my classmates/roommates wouldn't do shit. Half way through, I started crying out of stress. Felt pretty bad man.

• Rather Dashing

I mean, uh, spiders.

• Having no mouth... that makes me want to scream.

But hey, at least AM was generous enough to give me tear ducts so I may cry. Weeping tears of silent anguish; that's my lot in life now.

Add Comment