User Avatar Image

Feature Request - Repeating Conversations

posted by mindless on - last edited - Viewed by 443 users

I have a feature request for your games.

when going through a conversation with the characters you will eventually start repeating parts of the converstation.

wouldn't it be usefull if rather than having to repeat the converstaion you could show an indication to us that the converstaion has been exhausted. e.g. highlighting the topic in a different colour (e.g. red) so that we know when we have gone through the whole speech.

That way we wouldn't have to listen through at least one repeated sequence of speech again and have to click skip through it.

27 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Or you could just not click on the same line twice?

• Sometimes it brings up different dialogue though. Like the "Do you have any..." lines.

• @Badwolf said: Sometimes it brings up different dialogue though. Like the "Do you have any..." lines.

yes I know, but then it does start to repeat, thats what i'm trying to say, my way would let you know before you click on the topic if you've heard it before or not.

It's just a time saver for people that like to play though the game efficiently, it wouldn't stop you from going through the conversaitions again if thats what you wanted to do.

• Max for El Presidente vote that on vote that one!! :D

off topic:
    how do you make polls?

• @mindless said: yes I know, but then it does start to repeat, thats what i'm trying to say, my way would let you know before you click on the topic if you've heard it before or not.

It's just a time saver for people that like to play though the game efficiently, it wouldn't stop you from going through the conversaitions again if thats what you wanted to do.

Sorry, I was replying to xChri5x.

I think what you're suggesting is a good idea.

• User Avatar Image
    EeK

I also think that's a good idea. In Mass Effect, for example, dialogue options become faded after you select them.

• User Avatar Image
    EeK

But that feature would be an incentive for everyone to find hidden lines, without the obvious hassle of hearing exactly the same conversation over and over again just to find out there is nothing more to it. That is why I think the choices on the dialogue tree should fade only after all possible answers are exhausted.

P.S.: Some of my favorite lines from the original Sam & Max game are the various "I can't pick that up" Sam says after you try to "pick up" the door at their office. Hilarious.

• @mindless said: It's just a time saver for people that like to play though the game efficiently, it wouldn't stop you from going through the conversaitions again if thats what you wanted to do.

I thought the number one complaint is that the games are already too short! :p I do agree, though. That would be a neat feature to have.

Add Comment