User Avatar Image

The Puzzle Agent 2 Waiting Thread

posted by YoshiRoll on - last edited - Viewed by 932 users

Well, as no-one seems to have done this yet, and as I frankly can't wait for the 30th, I've decided to set up this thread for bored people who are tired of waiting and/or want to count down to it's release with other fellow Telltalers.

151 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Wow it's nearly finished downloading. That's much faster than I was expecting. The Hidden People must have something to do with it.

• FREAKING #$% I'm going to break something. Of course Puzzle Agent 2 is giving me the same log-in problem as Back to the Future on this computer! I contacted support over a week ago about it and posted in the forums about it but nothing. *sigh* I've got to find a way to fix this....

Puzzle Agent 2's probably not as graphics/processor intensive as BttF though, maybe I'll just play it on the old laptop.

• its only 33 puzzles but seems longer.

• @Nagaoka said: FREAKING #$% I'm going to break something. Of course Puzzle Agent 2 is giving me the same log-in problem as Back to the Future on this computer! I contacted support over a week ago about it and posted in the forums about it but nothing. *sigh* I've got to find a way to fix this....

Puzzle Agent 2's probably not as graphics/processor intensive as BttF though, maybe I'll just play it on the old laptop.

What's your issue? You can send me a PM if you'd like. No guarantees I can help, though, as I'm not actually on the TTG support team, but I'll do what I can!

• The problem is that sometimes, if the TT website is down and not accessible, when you launch the laucher it hangs trying to connect to the website. In BTTF happened me dozen of times that the window's launcher appears without the "Play" button, so you cannot start the game until the website goes up again. I resolved this by turning off my modem/router before launching it, so it fails to check for the broken website and it "understands" that I'm playing offline and let me play.

I hope it's clear what I mean. :P

• It happened yesterday at midnight (Italy time). The Telltale website was down (at least from my position) and the launcher hung like that until I decided to close it and launch it again after turning down my router:

immaginegq.jpg

• That's not the issue I'm getting, if that's what you're referring to. The log in page shows up just fine.

• @Bloody Eugene said: It happened yesterday at midnight (Italy time). The Telltale website was down (at least from my position) and the launcher hung like that until I decided to close it and launch it again after turning down my router:

[IMG]

A simple way to fix this (until Telltale releases a patch, that is) is to go offline before you launch the game. That is, turn off your wireless, pull out your Ethernet cable (or w/e it's called in English...), and the launcher will... launch, in offline mode, allowing you to play the game.

• @Alex IDV said: A simple way to fix this (until Telltale releases a patch, that is) is to go offline before you launch the game. That is, turn off your wireless, pull out your Ethernet cable (or w/e it's called in English...), and the launcher will... launch, in offline mode, allowing you to play the game.

Isn't that exactly what he wrote in the post you're quoting?

• Yes. Can't you just disable your NIC in Windows? Seems much easier than shutting down your router or manually disconnecting cables.

Still, the launcher is nothing but an annoyance, if you ask me. It takes forever to start, and after the game takes forever to load again, and all I ever use it for is to start/exit the game proper.

I bet it's the pet project of some high-ranking Telltale staff member, because from a user experience perspective it is terrible and should have been killed years ago, yet somehow I am burdened by this annoying piece of crap every single time I want to play one of Telltale's games.

Add Comment