User Avatar Image

Should TTG *EVENTUALLY* make another Monkey Island game

posted by doodo! on - last edited - Viewed by 573 users

Every one has different opinions and ways of looking at things. Why should I post any details? :p Express yourself.

41 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I just noticed I accidentally voted for the wrong option.

@Rather Dashing said: I think the franchise would be better off in hands that still make adventure games.

Honest question. Why do you still post here if you do not like the games and believe they are not going to make anymore "real" adventure games?

I honestly like you Dashing you are a fun guy, and usually generate some great conversation.. but recently you seem to be a broken record.

• After Devil's Playhouse, I really think Telltale could make a better MI game, so YES.

Also, what's with everyone thinking that Ron Gilbert would be unable to get involved with a Telltale MI game due to him being in Double Fine? Sure, he wouldn't be able to work on it full time, but he can still contribute, right?

• @tredlow said: ...what's with everyone thinking that Ron Gilbert would be unable to get involved with a Telltale MI game due to him being in Double Fine? Sure, he wouldn't be able to work on it full time, but he can still contribute, right?

I would certainly be happy with a continuation of Monkey Island games without Ron Gilbert's contribution or with him acting in an advisory role again (ala Tales). However, and I can only speak for myself here, in a perfect world and in an ideal situation, love to see Ron act as the project leader for one final, epic Monkey Island game.

But, like I said... I'll "settle" for a continuation of the series in any form (as long as it's still in the adventure genre).

• To quote Guybrush in The Curse of Monkey Island, "Yesyesyesyesyesyesyes."

• @Debbie82 said: To quote Guybrush in The Curse of Monkey Island, "Yesyesyesyesyesyesyes."

Boy howdy yes!

• I certainly want to see another 'Monkey Island' game, and if this poll was taking place about 6 months ago, then I would have given an immediate 'yes' on whether or not I think Telltale should make another MI game. However, I'm waiting for Telltale to regain my trust with a quality season (after the absolute disaster of 'BttF'), I'm waiting for Telltale to deal with/change a lot of the recurring faults that they have with their games, and I want Telltale to finally realize that their current one-episode-per-month production schedule is restricting them greatly and is disallowing them from making good episodes or games. So no, I don't want 'Monkey Island' to be placed in their hands right now, because I don't want my favourite franchise having an installment that is stripped down, lacking in content, dull and rushed.

• I think they should wait another "generation," a few more years at least. I think it's a series that works best when the titles have a lot of breathing room. Sam & Max is a lot like a TV show where you expect it to come back every season, but a new Monkey Island should be like a new James Bond incarnation. Same spirit but different feel. I would love for them to keep the writers and voice actors from Tales, but I'd probably want them to redo all the other assets from scratch. MI1 to MI2 was the only time two MI games were done in the same format, and ever then there were a lot of substantial changes to the style and content.

• That's mostly because the hair in the first remake blew big bear balls.

• @GaryCXJk said: That's mostly because the hair in the first remake blew big bear balls.

Rayman8.jpgGuybrush

guybrush.jpgRayman

• @Ribs said: Yes they should, but they probably won't. There's no reason for Lucasarts not to go to Double Fine now that Ron has joined, sadly, meaning we'll get a dumbed down platformer with new dynamics that's 3.5 hours long and releases only on XBLA and PSN.

Yeah, because Ron Gilbert and Tim Schafer have no idea what they're doing when it comes to making a Monkey Island game, right?

Sure they made Maniac Mansion, Monkey Island, Monkey Island 2, Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle, and Grim Fandango... but I guess making Psychonauts and DeathSpank just made them both totally forget what an adventure game is, huh?

Add Comment