User Avatar Image

King's Challenge?

posted by XStationCube on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users

I can't figure this one out at all; I'm starting to feel the same way I did with The Diabolical Box back in Professor Layton. Any help?

31 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I didn't even see that puzzle on my first runthrough or in the filing cabinet after. Now I wonder how many puzzles I missed.

• @Suraht said: I didn't even see that puzzle on my first runthrough or in the filing cabinet after. Now I wonder how many puzzles I missed.

King's Challenge isn't in the filing cabinet, you unlock it when you finish every other puzzle (I'm not sure if getting Puzzle Agent ranking matters, but I did).

• @XStationCube said: King's Challenge isn't in the filing cabinet, you unlock it when you finish every other puzzle (I'm not sure if getting Puzzle Agent ranking matters, but I did).

I had to do the robot puzzles for it to show up.

I tried this one until the game started glitching out and not letting me spin the wheels. I'm going to have to tackle this one again after I get some sleep...the only bit I've been able to figure out is how to juggle a number in the middle while keeping the rest of the numbers in order. It hasn't proven all that useful yet.

• Hm, did the two robot puzzles, but nothing else showed up after. Odd.

• Huh, me neither. What gives?

Surath, how many puzzles have you solved? 33 (excluding the King's Challenge), or more?

I had missed one puzzle during my playthrough. Maybe that has something to do with it?

• @Soultaker said: Huh, me neither. What gives?

Surath, how many puzzles have you solved? 33 (excluding the King's Challenge), or more?

I had missed one puzzle during my playthrough. Maybe that has something to do with it?

With the robot puzzles solved, that brought it up to 33 solved. If you're at Puzzle Agent rank, then maybe you can't miss any during the playthrough. If not, I have a feeling that you have to get PA rank before you get the final puzzle.

• I know I'm at the Puzzle Agent rank and have 33 puzzles solved as well. Didn't miss any during playthrough (though I did fail the lunar race puzzle the first time, completed it when I clicked the poster) Does it appear in the filing cabinet when all the other puzzles are done or what?

• Maybe failing the lunar race is the problem? I failed that one too. (I have a broken mouse which releases the mouse button randomly, which makes dragging lines in real-time very difficult. :P)

edit:
    I replayed the game with a perfect score and now I do have the King's Challenge! If anyone wants a savegame, let me know.

• User Avatar Image
    HoboStew Telltale Staff

Just so you know, only one person at Telltale has successfully solved the King's Challenge, and it took him around 3 hours to do it. It is not for the faint of heart!

• I did it, and it only took half an hour of trial-and-error. :p I'll look into a more fundamental approach to the problem tomorrow... that should keep me busy for a while longer.

Now this was what I call a puzzle -- why didn't you put a dozen of these in the game?

attachment.php?attachmentid=2659&stc=1&d

Giddy up!

Add Comment