User Avatar Image

Puzzle Agent 2 Review Thread

posted by puzzlebox on - last edited - Viewed by 3.3K users

So we finally return to the crazy creepy town of Scoggins for a second helping of nuts!

What did you think of Puzzle Agent 2?

80 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Syd

I have the same major complaint with Puzzle Agent 2 as I had with the first one: puzzle variety. The same puzzles are repeated too often, and there's just not enough variety overall. I found the story quite interesting, though I think the pacing was a bit off and Korka's voice acting could have been a bit better. I also didn't like the repeated use of assets from the first game, but I guess that's forgivable since it takes place in the same town.

I'd like to see this series improve, but the puzzles really need some extra work. I hope Puzzle Agent 3, if it is made, has much better puzzle variety.

I'd give Puzzle Agent 2 a 7/10.

• Krohn: could you put some spoiler tags around the paragraph about the coins? This is the review thread; it's likely people read this thread before they have finished the game.

• I still don't think there is enough information about the coins, I don't know what a dime or a penny is!

• What?
    Okay, it was absolutely wonderful for the first 3/4. Interesting story, perfect atmosphere, (mostly) good puzzles. As soon Isaac showed up, things went far too fast and made zero sense. Far too many loose ends that were completely ignored. It felt like you guys just ran out of time and tried to wrap it up asap.

• @henke37 said: I still don't think there is enough information about the coins, I don't know what a dime or a penny is!

Now that is a basic language barrier.
    Use a dictionary.

Add Comment