User Avatar Image

King's Challenge?

posted by XStationCube on - last edited - Viewed by 2.6K users

I can't figure this one out at all; I'm starting to feel the same way I did with The Diabolical Box back in Professor Layton. Any help?

31 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Soultaker said: I did it, and it only took half an hour of trial-and-error. :p I'll look into a more fundamental approach to the problem tomorrow... that should keep me busy for a while longer.

Now this was what I call a puzzle -- why didn't you put a dozen of these in the game?

No kidding...once I took a serious attempt, it took me about a half hour to get through this one. I nearly ragequit when I had the 1s, 4s, 5s, and 6s in place, but the 2 and 3 were reversed.

Why weren't there more of those puzzles in this game as non-essential-to-solve? That was satisfying to defeat.

• I solved King's Challenge in no more than ten minutes. In less than five minutes i have the left circle correctly ordered, but I had the 4 and the 5 on the right circle reversed. It took me a little more to put them correctly. I have no idea how I did it, though.

• @Soultaker said: Maybe failing the lunar race is the problem? I failed that one too. (I have a broken mouse which releases the mouse button randomly, which makes dragging lines in real-time very difficult. :P)

edit:
    I replayed the game with a perfect score and now I do have the King's Challenge! If anyone wants a savegame, let me know.

I'd like the savegame please. Failed few puzzles due to vague instructions and didn't get King's Challenge available.

• Here you go.

(Save games are stored in %USERPROFILE%\My Documents\Telltale Games\Puzzle Agent 2. If you already saved something in the second slot, back up your existing save2.save file first!)

• @Soultaker said:
    (Save games are stored in %USERPROFILE%\My Documents\Telltale Games\Puzzle Agent 2. ...)

Dang it! Is it so hard for developers to get it right? Don't throw junk in my documents, that's my documents, not your private dumping zone. Behave and use the roaming application data like all proper programs!

I mean, if it gets an entry in the games start menu folder, then how can you screw up the save storage location?

• @henke37 said: Dang it! Is it so hard for developers to get it right? Don't throw junk in my documents, that's my documents, not your private dumping zone. Behave and use the roaming application data like all proper programs!

I mean, if it gets an entry in the games start menu folder, then how can you screw up the save storage location?

Because Windows 7 uses that as default location to store save games, etc.

Yes it is called "My Documents" but that does not mean some private area. It is for games and programs to store data.

• It is not. That would be the three different application data locations. My documents belongs to the user.

As for windows 7 defaulting to storing games there, that's bs. The only defaulting to my documents that windows does is for the common file dialogs. And there certainly is no dialog used here.

• @henke37 said: Behave and use the roaming application data like all proper programs!

I think there is something to be said for keeping files that the user is supposed to mess around with (saved games, custom maps, screenshots, skins -- whatever) in the My Documents folder, because the Application Data folder is hidden by default and thus not easily accessible from Explorer.

The alternative would probably be to build a proper import/export feature into the game, but that's a pretty complicated solution to the problem.

Add Comment