29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Here's what I don't get. They go all the way back in time to rebuild and to start over... however, why would you go as far back as the time of the dinosaurs? Don't they know about the meteor that's going to hit the Earth and wipe out everything?

• Maybe they will address that in the show.. like they have a plan to deal with it... You know like a giant trampoline. :D

• Is this supposed to be a mix between Lost and Jurassic Park? Although I love both very much, I dont know if I want a hybrid.

@waroftheworlds:
    Maybe there is a twist and they accidentally stranded in a other dimension or very far in the future where mankind is extinct and nature took back the earth or somethin

• My guess is yeah they would not mind having the Lost fans jump on board...

• @waroftheworlds01 said: Here's what I don't get. They go all the way back in time to rebuild and to start over... however, why would you go as far back as the time of the dinosaurs? Don't they know about the meteor that's going to hit the Earth and wipe out everything?

excellent point waroftheworld after the dinosaurs there were a number of time periods that could be chosen after the cretaceous. like the miocene, the pliocene, the plesitocene, basically any time period after the mesozoic era

• I guess they figured the show needed dinosaurs?

• Do they have a choice were they can time-travel? I read that they managed to create a time portal but dont have control in wich time they can travel.

• I find the premise flawed really:
    Sure they have this "new world" and hundreds of millions of years to live in; but surely their presence will divert the course of evolution when man first emerges causing a paradox in that they stop man evolving and therefore they cannot of existed to travel back in time to stop man evolving.

• Well, if they come up with a theory that time is constant, and cannot be erased, only expanded on. Which would mean that if you go back in time to change something, it won't really be changed, only open up another timeline. Once time-travel is invented, different timelines are created every time something major is done to try and "change" the future.

This would mean that the meteor that's supposed to kill off the dinosaurs still happens, but only in the original timeline. Which is where the timetravellers come from and therefore are still able to exist.

• @StarEye said: Well, if they come up with a theory that time is constant, and cannot be erased, only expanded on. Which would mean that if you go back in time to change something, it won't really be changed, only open up another timeline. Once time-travel is invented, different timelines are created every time something major is done to try and "change" the future.

This would mean that the meteor that's supposed to kill off the dinosaurs still happens, but only in the original timeline. Which is where the timetravellers come from and therefore are still able to exist.

OR there already is a constant non-changeable timeline wich means they were there all the time and couldnt prevent the meteor from colliding and werent able to change anything cause it already happened

Add Comment