29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm to tired to talk about time travel, but what I will say is that this show looks pretty cool.

• Time travel will have been going to gave everyone a headache!

• @Reznor2112 said:
    This looks like it could be really cool.

looks lame, not my taste…sigh

• I don't like these new TV shows. They seem to be of lesser quality then those of the 80's and 90's

• I honestly am really looking forward to it.. but I think it will be too expensive and it will get cancelled because it will not gain enough viewers to justify the cost... that is my prediction at least.

• @Irishmile said: I honestly am really looking forward to it.. but I think it will be too expensive and it will get cancelled because it will not gain enough viewers to justify the cost... that is my prediction at least.

That's the problem with science fiction shows. Their expense makes it too easy for the powers that be to pull the plug and keep on making cheap sitcoms & reality shows.

• Here's my problem with the premise: HOW THE HECK ARE THESE PEOPLE BREATHING?! Seriously, oxygen content was nowhere near the same level as it is now. These people are screwed the first time a quick predator shows itself because after a few minutes, they'll be on the ground gasping for air.

• Update: Brannon Braga and Rene Echevarria(sp?) have confirmed that the temporal jump back to start Terra Nova will not effect the timeline. Essentially, they're doing what was done in the Star Trek movie from 2009. Going back and creating an alternate reality.

Still doesn't explain how these people are going to be able to keep away from predators when the oxygen depletion sets in...

Also...I wonder what Ian Malcolm would say about this.

• @Shadowknight1 said: Still doesn't explain how these people are going to be able to keep away from predators when the oxygen depletion sets in...

But... wasn't the oxygen level higher in the Cretaceous? Or did you mean the time of the extinction event? (I'm sorry, sometimes the language barrier sets in.:))

Anyway, regarding whether the time-travellers will have problems with the extinction itself, I think it depends on exactly how far they are going back. Even a million years is an awfully long time, even our whole civilization is around 5-6 thousand years old.

But now I come to think of it, I'm not even sure how long the extinction event lasted. Especially since I read recently that some dinosaurs (apart from the virds) may have survived the extinction for 500 thousand years.

I should look it up, but it's too early (at least in my country :P ).

• @Irishmile said: I honestly am really looking forward to it.. but I think it will be too expensive and it will get cancelled because it will not gain enough viewers to justify the cost... that is my prediction at least.

For the record, the Feature length pilot episode cost about £9M apparantly.
    I am looking forward to it as it's Spielberg but yeah.. I just hope that the viewing figures does justify the cost of making it.
    Spielberg's "Falling Skies" got renewed for a second series so there's hope.

Add Comment