User Avatar Image

Episode 5 - Another Gamebreaker? *Spoilers obviously*

posted by Shadowchild on - last edited - Viewed by 712 users

So, after Hill Valley vanished I'm stuck at old Edna's place. I've got her out of the house and now I have to remind her of the time, when Danny tried to arrest her. The gametips say I have to play the incriminating recording for her.

Problem is, you don't have to take the recording device with you. I placed it back into the booth after Edna was chased away (while trying to find out what happened to Emmett). Because of this I don't have the recording device with me, when I visit old Edna. And I can't get back to get it.

13 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Why should you not put it back? The game got the option to do it, so it might be handy for someone else to trick. You do not know. Maybe you also had to record agent Parker or Emmet's father.

This seems to me more like a bug in the game. After Marty recorded Edna at the exposition, the game should prevent Marty to put it back. If Marty tries to get rid of it after the recording, he should say something like "No, I'm keeping this."

• Whoops!

I think Telltale need to start having 'chapters' within their games, like a DVD menu, that unlock as you play, so you can 'rewind' to a previous point.

• @guitarsareboring said: Whoops!

I think Telltale need to start having 'chapters' within their games, like a DVD menu, that unlock as you play, so you can 'rewind' to a previous point.

THAT WOULD BE EPIC!!!!

You could play your favorite part over and over!

• What would be epic:
    NO BUGS INSIDE THEIR RUSHED GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!

It's about giving proper respect to the people that buy the game....
    :(

• @Bloody Eugene said: What would be epic:
    NO BUGS INSIDE THEIR RUSHED GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!

It's about giving proper respect to the people that buy the game....
    :(

Well until they change their business from episodic format to full releases. Not to mention actually patches their releases after releasing, then it might turn out less rushed.

• I did not put it back and everything is okay. Just don't put it back! Why did you need to put it back, you got what you needed. And FCB fanished so it proves that he got what he deserved anyway. And Emmett's father did not legally do anything wrong to Emmett. He is the judge. He would never do anything wrong. He would be named a hypocrit and be sentenced to prison if he did anything wrong.

• @VeryTori said: Why did you need to put it back, you got what you needed.

Some people, myself included, like to exhaust every single possibility with the items during the game. It does throw you off when after a bit of clicking, you realise that you can put the recording device back. Personally, I thought that you had to get another confession out of someone but after I realised that nothing was happening, I just took it for good measure. Putting the device back is just an act of curiousity.

• Well, since I took the time to replay the first section of the game, I figured I'd make a game save file in case anyone else has this happen to them and doesn't care to go through all the effort. I also included saves for before and after the glass house puzzle, just in case, though I doubt anyone will need them since an official fix has been posted.

http://www.mediafire.com/?rip3bx7vw2uquk4

• I was very surprised to still have the recording device in my inventory at Edna's place. Why didn't Officer Parker keep it for evidence?

Add Comment