Since my English is not particularly good, I must admit I've had some difficulties in understanding some parts of the story, so I'll be very grateful to all those who can resolve my doubts.
Here's the list of my main doubts, forgive me if some of them will look silly to you, but I just want to understand this straight! :
1) Was it the government that disposed of Olav, when they realized that the discoveries of the astronomer were enormously powerful?
2) What do the Hidden People have to do with lunacy? Do their whispers cure it, or cause it?
2-bis) What ACTUALLY discovered Olav?
3) Why did Nelson assume that Olav had spoken to the Hidden People?
4) The machine that makes people become lunatics, it was created by the governement: did government base its creation on Olav's research? Is that why they disposed of him? Because they wanted to use his research in a negative way?
5) In the game it is said that during each lunar eclypse, the Hidden People come from the Moon to the Earth. Did I understand correctly?
6) What is the "house" of the Hidden People to which they cannot return, the moon or the place where the astronauts and the government-machine are?
7) The Brotherhood's aim was the one to help the Hidden People. The Hidden People needed someone to destroy the device that prevented them from returning home. So, was Davner locked in the factory by the Brotherhood so that he could think of a way to switch it off without being disturbed?
8) What went wrong during the Hermes II mission? I mean, ok, it was an eclypse, but how did the eclypse interfere with the other 2 astronauts' sanity? Does the government device have something to do with this?
9) Why didn't Mrs Garret want to host Nelson in her inn?
10) All the people who disappeared actually died, killed by the astronauts, right?
11) Bjorn says that the Hidden People are angered, and that the Brotherhood is broken: is it because the other 2 cultists disappeared and were then killed by the astronauts? I mean, did they too try to help them destroy the lunar device but they were caught by the astronauts? Is that why the H. P. are angry? Because no one is able to help them?
12) What happened to Nelson when the Hidden People spoke to him? But most importantly, WHY Nelson thought it necessary to be spoken to by the HIdden People?
13) Did Isaac pretend to die, before or after his mission on the moon?
14) Which of Nelson's discoveries made the government send some agents to Scoggins? Olav's research or the Hermes II? Or neither?
15) What happened to Alfred? He heard some whispers, but was it the Hidden People or the astronauts who attracted him?
16) So, to sum up, the Hidden People are not bad, right? They only need someone to help them. The real bad guys are the astronauts who kill everyone who gets near them (Darrel, the skiier, Korka's partner or Will for example) or who try to help the HIdden People (Bo Murphy, the first cultist). Is that correct?
Thank you in advance for the time you'll give over to me! :)