User Avatar Image

Steam Summer Camp.

posted by RAnthonyMahan on - last edited - Viewed by 2.4K users

I know there's already a thread about this on the BttF board, but I thought a more general one might be helpful.

It's time for the annual Steam Summer Sale. Among many other great deals, you can now get every single Telltale game for $50.

Oh, and BttF is half-off today only. Thought that's worth sharing.

182 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Gman5852 said: Ive heard that is a very good game.

It IS a good game. Starting it up, this game hits you in the face with how badass everything about it is. It can run on damn near anything but looks and sounds FANTASTIC aesthetically. The mechanics and control allow EXTREMELY nuanced and complex tactical commands. It's definitely a deep and complex game, but the basic mechanics can be picked up pretty quickly in the tutorial and a few early Campaign matches. You can play a simulation of the turn and give your opponents simulated orders. There are five different game modes in multiplayer, MOST of which are really interesting. The story is engaging and the writing is HILARIOUS. The script for this game has a very snarky wit about it that I find absolutely charming. The balance of this game is INCREDIBLE. THIS GAME HAS PLAY BY EMAIL, OH MY GOD, HOW RETRO IS THAT? THE SOUNDTRACK, oh my god, the soundtrack, OH MY GOD. AND THE DOSSIERS, all the optional lore and story elements that you can read through are just extremely well thought-out and written, and it's full of intrigue, and I'm not even all THAT far in yet but DAMN if this game's story doesn't suck you in! THE MANUAL IS FUN TO READ. Oh man it's SO GOOD to have a game that is just EXCELLENT in EVERY SINGLE CONCEIVABLE WAY. I have yet to find a fault with it, and I only say POSSIBLE game of the year material because I always want to let later games have something of a shot at it, but MAN do they have a MASSIVE hill to climb with this one blazing the trail! Holy shit this is one of the BEST GAMES I HAVE PLAYED in modern times, it REALLY is. I can't praise it enough!

• So, pointless to post here because everyone should have it anyway, but today Monkey Island 1 and 2 SE are 50% off.

• @Rather Dashing said: It IS a good game. Starting it up, this game hits you in the face with how badass everything about it is. It can run on damn near anything but looks and sounds FANTASTIC aesthetically. The mechanics and control allow EXTREMELY nuanced and complex tactical commands. It's definitely a deep and complex game, but the basic mechanics can be picked up pretty quickly in the tutorial and a few early Campaign matches. You can play a simulation of the turn and give your opponents simulated orders. There are five different game modes in multiplayer, MOST of which are really interesting. The story is engaging and the writing is HILARIOUS. The script for this game has a very snarky wit about it that I find absolutely charming. The balance of this game is INCREDIBLE. THIS GAME HAS PLAY BY EMAIL, OH MY GOD, HOW RETRO IS THAT? THE SOUNDTRACK, oh my god, the soundtrack, OH MY GOD. AND THE DOSSIERS, all the optional lore and story elements that you can read through are just extremely well thought-out and written, and it's full of intrigue, and I'm not even all THAT far in yet but DAMN if this game's story doesn't suck you in! THE MANUAL IS FUN TO READ. Oh man it's SO GOOD to have a game that is just EXCELLENT in EVERY SINGLE CONCEIVABLE WAY. I have yet to find a fault with it, and I only say POSSIBLE game of the year material because I always want to let later games have something of a shot at it, but MAN do they have a MASSIVE hill to climb with this one blazing the trail! Holy shit this is one of the BEST GAMES I HAVE PLAYED in modern times, it REALLY is. I can't praise it enough!

So, it's the Anti-BTTF?

• @Rather Dashing said: THE MANUAL IS FUN TO READ.

Explain this one part here please.

• @Gman5852 said: Explain this one part here please.

From the section on units that only appear in single-player campaign mode:

0OKJk.png

• @Rather Dashing said: From the section on units that only appear in single-player campaign mode:

0OKJk.png

Ironicaly enough I watched a review of this game from TotalBiscuit.

• @Gman5852 said: Ironicaly enough I watched a review of this game from TotalBiscuit.

That is a coincedence. Irony is when a President for Cat Rights is mauled to death by Kittens.

• To anyone who has Beat Hazard: Have you played this game for more than 2 seconds and liked it? Because I entirely hate this game but I want the ticket.

• @Ribs said: That is a coincedence. Irony is when a President for Cat Rights is mauled to death by Kittens.

You really hate when people mistake those 2 dont you?

@Ribs said: To anyone who has Beat Hazard: Have you played this game for more than 2 seconds and liked it? Because I entirely hate this game but I want the ticket.

Was fun, but flashing lights gave me a massive headache, and the 2 TotalBiscuit videos of it also gave me headaches so I wont be getting that achievement, or DLC(unless I get all the other things I want.)

• Poker Night at the Inventory just got updated with a new achievement that looks like it'll come into play tomorrow.

So for you Telltalers trying to get all the tickets that you can, you're in luck!

Add Comment