User Avatar Image

The DeLorean explanation (merged threads)

posted by Mino_Dan on - last edited - Viewed by 4.5K users

Sounds a bit cheap and highly illogical.
Could he be lying to prevent a paradox?

360 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • [quote=daishi;524472]living beings are not duplicated because they do not inherently posses the active chronoparticles required by intertemporal travel and are mere organic passengers aboard the chrono-infused inorganic vehicle![/quote]
    great scott!!

• the duplicate delorean is only mentioned once 'briefly in episode 1' and never again. That was one of the burning questions which went unresolved.

• @Michael J Fox is Canadian said: the duplicate delorean is only mentioned once 'briefly in episode 1' and never again. That was one of the burning questions which went unresolved.

This I know. Said it in my OP. My question is, is there another Doc to go with that Deloreon?

• @sn939 said: The reason why I don't believe there was a duplicate Doc is this...the Doc who got sent back to 1885 was naturally concerned for Marty and for the space-time continuum...so he tried repairing the time machine with 1885 parts and failed, and therefore buried the Delorean for Marty to find 70 years later...

Now, if there was a Doc in 2025, he too would be anxious to help Marty...he would be able to easily repair the time circuits and flying circuits (even upgrade them) and would be back to November 12th 1955 in a jiffy, to pick up Marty...that would interfere with BTTF3's events...plus, the spare Delorean certainly wouldn't still be around in 2025 for 'our' Doc to find.

Then logically, either something happened to that Doc or he wasn't duplicated.

• So what you're saying is my explanation isn't sufficient.

• Absolutely not DAISHI. Thing is, a lot of people here are trying to apply real science and logic to what is essentially a COMEDY with science fiction elements in it. That's not to say that there shouldn't be some science applied to it, it does use some science, far better than, say, Hot Tub Time Machine, but it's still essentially a comedy.

• Man I knew I was inherently wrong in my approach to this thread!

• @Shadowknight1 said: Then logically, either something happened to that Doc or he wasn't duplicated.

@Shadowknight1 said: The reason why I don't believe there was a duplicate Doc is this...the Doc who got sent back to 1885 was naturally concerned for Marty and for the space-time continuum...so he tried repairing the time machine with 1885 parts and failed, and therefore buried the Delorean for Marty to find 70 years later...

Now, if there was a Doc in 2025, he too would be anxious to help Marty...he would be able to easily repair the time circuits and flying circuits (even upgrade them) and would be back to November 12th 1955 in a jiffy, to pick up Marty...that would interfere with BTTF3's events...plus, the spare Delorean certainly wouldn't still be around in 2025 for 'our' Doc to find.

I'd say these 2 explanations suffice; doc wouldnt know he was duplicated and so 2025 Doc would also want to go back and get marty unless he were compromised. Or unless at some point in the timeline the 2 docs meet (1885 doc eventually goes to the future)

Add Comment