User Avatar Image

Feature Request - Repeating Conversations

posted by mindless on - last edited - Viewed by 631 users

I have a feature request for your games.

when going through a conversation with the characters you will eventually start repeating parts of the converstation.

wouldn't it be usefull if rather than having to repeat the converstaion you could show an indication to us that the converstaion has been exhausted. e.g. highlighting the topic in a different colour (e.g. red) so that we know when we have gone through the whole speech.

That way we wouldn't have to listen through at least one repeated sequence of speech again and have to click skip through it.

27 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • If I remember correctly, Okami had quite a nice feature.

When the player stopped talking to someone who still had important things left to say, a little triangle appeared over their head as a visual clue.

The idea being that the player didn't then get stuck later having missed a vital instruction/clue/plot trigger.

• Then you have to introduce a little meta like:

"Hey bosco, what's that thing floating over your head?"

• It would be a pretty great idea because you still choose ALL of the Do you have any lines before it would become faded or highlighted. This could save time for people who need to play the game quickly as well as make it easier to see what conversations you have and haven't heard when searching for new dialogue.

• If your trying to play the game quickly then there is no point in listening to dialog in the first place, which pretty much negates that as a point of argument for making this a feature. If your in such a rush that the fraction of a second it take to right click to skip already heard dialog then maybe you need to learn to budget your time better.

• @Tester Scott said: If your trying to play the game quickly then there is no point in listening to dialog in the first place, which pretty much negates that as a point of argument for making this a feature. If your in such a rush that the fraction of a second it take to right click to skip already heard dialog then maybe you need to learn to budget your time better.

Eloquently-stated. That's what I do when I hit a dialogue dead-end.

• Ugh, that reminds me of the time I got my cousin to try Season 1. Whenever he walked up to someone to start a conversation he'd just keep clicking to skip over it all. In my disgust, I forced him to turn it off. =|

• @Tester Scott said: If your trying to play the game quickly then there is no point in listening to dialog in the first place, which pretty much negates that as a point of argument for making this a feature. If your in such a rush that the fraction of a second it take to right click to skip already heard dialog then maybe you need to learn to budget your time better.

Possibly the easiest solution would just be to give lines of dialogue that can repeat an obvious name. E.g. "What did you say is troubling you again?" "What did you want me to do again?" "Where did you say that pink elephant hid your shoes again?".

• User Avatar Image
    NickTTG Telltale Staff

I'm pretty sure that we do that a lot. Maybe not every time, but certainly when it's appropriate.

• @Chris1 said: Possibly the easiest solution would just be to give lines of dialogue that can repeat an obvious name. E.g. "What did you say is troubling you again?" "What did you want me to do again?" "Where did you say that pink elephant hid your shoes again?".

But then just to be funny the designers would probably through a hidden joke like 5 repeats into that dialog and make the whole thing moot.

• User Avatar Image
    NickTTG Telltale Staff

@Tester Scott said: But then just to be funny the designers would probably through a hidden joke like 5 repeats into that dialog and make the whole thing moot.

SHHHHH!!!!!

Add Comment