User Avatar Image

The Awful Karaoke Thread

posted by Davies on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

Come on peeps, it's time to shatter some ear drums with a bit of tuneless warbling. Why not join the party? I'll kick things off...

I Wanna Be Like You (from the Jungle Book)

PLEASE NOTE: To listen, just click on the little "play" symbol on the linked page.

Now it's your turn...

P.S. If you're a little too shy to have a go yourself then you can always hunt online for other people's strained vocal chords (like this bloke for example).

163 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @ShaggE said: Do share, good sir! I'm curious about your natural singing voice now.

Let's get something straight right now... I can't sing for shit, so don't go expecting my natural signing voice to sound good or anything. ;)

@ShaggE said: Ooh, I hope it's the entirety of Rappers' Delight!

Find out if you're correct here.

• Man this thread is very tempting. Sadly, there is nothing that I would like to sing that's within my range and also has a karaoke track. And I don't know how many people would like to listen to me singing opera. Which is mainly what I sing...though I suppose I've got a few thirties jazz songs I could try...

I'll get back to you all on that.

• @Davies said: Let's get something straight right now... I can't sing for shit, so don't go expecting my natural signing voice to sound good or anything. ;)

This IS the Awful Karaoke Thread, after all. :p

@Alcoremaestro: Yes please! I'm all for both opera and thirties jazz.

• I wanna play.

But I don't know any songs.... :(

I wonder if theres a karaoke version of "Rainbow in the Dark" or "Holy Diver" by Dio
    (I know most of the words to that, and I freakin' love those songs! :D)

I'd do "Still Alive" but its a bit of an old hat, plus I always confuse the lyrics up.
    I do that.

("Veteran of the Psychic Wars" by the Blue Oyster cult made that very clear to me.)

"Going through the motions" is a pretty nice song to sing to.
    (Anything by Blue Oyster Cult really)

Maybe if no-one is around next week, I might take a crack at it.
    (I am a-scaredy to do it in front of anyone, even my family. Plus it would seem pretty odd to them that I'm suddenly singing around the house...)

• @Davies said: Aw, come on old Wolfie, you've got to do something new for this thread. You've just got to. Pretty please? :D

Hmmmm... tempting.

It's not like I'm in the middle of three pre-productions, four productions and two post-productions!
    :p

/bragging

What would you guys like?

• @Silverwolfpet said:
    What would you guys like?

"I Am the Very Model of a Modern Major-General" at 2x speed.

... Well? :p

• @ShaggE said: @Alcoremaestro: Yes please! I'm all for both opera and thirties jazz.

Very well, I'll see about preparing something. It'll probably be a capella because I have no music tracks that lack the vocals and am rubbish at singing and playing piano at the same time. So we'll see.

• Could play piano first and put vox down on top of it. Nothing wrong with a capella, though.

• @ShaggE said: "I Am the Very Model of a Modern Major-General" at 2x speed.

... Well? :p

2x speed would make it difficult to understand for others.

...and I admit that may be waaay over my possibilities...

But I'll trade you the double speed for a French Accent :) Deal?

...and I can't seem to find a karaoke/instrumental version. Help?

• @Silverwolfpet said: What would you guys like?

It's your choice my friend because it's all about your own individuality. Well, that and the fact that I'm unable to think of a song for you. Mainly the latter.

@Silverwolfpet said: I don't know how many people would like to listen to me singing opera.

I know I would. Big time.

Add Comment