User Avatar Image

Should TTG *EVENTUALLY* make another Monkey Island game

posted by doodo! on - last edited - Viewed by 700 users

Every one has different opinions and ways of looking at things. Why should I post any details? :p Express yourself.

41 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I voted for yes... but I am having bad flashbacks.... Wonka disturbs me greatly...

• @skeeter said: I voted for yes... but I am having bad flashbacks.... Wonka disturbs me greatly...

If you want to viewww paradise, just simply take a look around and view it! There's nothing much to it, all you have to do is simply view it.

• So I'm the only one who voted that they should wait several years? I really think that's key. Whether it's Telltale that does it or somebody else, I think there needs to be another perceivable generation shift in the visual design of the characters

• @LuigiHann said: So I'm the only one who voted that they should wait several years? I really think that's key. Whether it's Telltale that does it or somebody else, I think there needs to be another perceivable generation shift in the visual design of the characters

Its been to long since the last wait. I really don't think it would be a good idea. Its at its height of popularity after TMI and the SE's but a 9-10 year just kill its popularty and fan base apart form a few diehard fans.

• @LuigiHann said: So I'm the only one who voted that they should wait several years? I really think that's key. Whether it's Telltale that does it or somebody else, I think there needs to be another perceivable generation shift in the visual design of the characters

Why? Monkey Island isn't exactly a series that has had graphical prowess as one of its hallmarks over the years, nor has Telltale ever made being on the cutting edge of visual design a priority. A new Monkey Island could go back to looking like the original for all I care.

• @Scnew said: A new Monkey Island could go back to looking like the original for all I care.

This would be preferable. (Minus Guybrush. He needs his new game makeover, of course.)

• @Irishmile said: I just noticed I accidentally voted for the wrong option.

Honest question. Why do you still post here if you do not like the games and believe they are not going to make anymore "real" adventure games?

I honestly like you Dashing you are a fun guy, and usually generate some great conversation.. but recently you seem to be a broken record.

"recently"?!

• @Toothless Gibbon said: "recently"?!

You mean "fungi," right?

• Make it! Make it! Feed me!!! Feeed me!!! [b]feeed meeee![/b]

• @Irishmile said: Honest question. Why do you still post here if you do not like the games and believe they are not going to make anymore "real" adventure games?

Perhaps in the hope that Telltale will have a return to form in the near future. That and the fact that he's been here for over three years, and doesn't want to leave merely because the company's going through a a 'bad period'.

I honestly like you Dashing you are a fun guy, and usually generate some great conversation.. but recently you seem to be a broken record.

There's only a limited number of ways to say something is crap. Dashing sounds like a broken record because he's continually voicing his honest opinion on a poor quality product, and his discontent for the current direction in which Telltale is headed. And he's continually voicing these things because threads like this (and the myriad threads over in the 'BttF' forum) keep giving him the opportunity to do so. And one might say that Dashing shouldn't take every opportunity to voice this(/these) opinion(s), but in a way, he sort of has to. I mean, hardly anybody else is giving a truly honest and fair critique of Telltale's recent output, so where else are Telltale meant to get honest feedback from? They need some sort of indication that their recent product has been utter garbage, especially when so many other forum members are giving the company vacuous praise and ill-conceived positive feedback. Dashing, you might say, is going a bit overboard at times, but he's acting as a counterweight to all of the empty, stupidity-fueled optimism that so much of the forum possesses and conveys.

@Irishmile said: "recently"?!

I'd rather listen to a 'broken record' whose posts contain quality content rather than a member with hundreds of different, but utterly pointless and inane junk posts. In a forum where more and more of these sorts of posters seem to be popping up, I'm glad that someone like Rather Dashing is still posting here.

Add Comment