User Avatar Image

The Awful Karaoke Thread

posted by Davies on - last edited - Viewed by 3.1K users

Come on peeps, it's time to shatter some ear drums with a bit of tuneless warbling. Why not join the party? I'll kick things off...

I Wanna Be Like You (from the Jungle Book)

PLEASE NOTE: To listen, just click on the little "play" symbol on the linked page.

Now it's your turn...

P.S. If you're a little too shy to have a go yourself then you can always hunt online for other people's strained vocal chords (like this bloke for example).

165 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • ^ Bahahaha! I may not be Commander Shepard, but this is easily my favorite post on the Citadel.

It doesn't help that you sound almost exactly like my friend (except British instead of Aussie), but I never thought I'd find a grown-ass man impersonating a chicken and awkwardly rapping to be so damn funny. Bravo!

• @ShaggE said: ^ Bahahaha! I may not be Commander Shepard, but this is easily my favorite post on the Citadel.

It doesn't help that you sound almost exactly like my friend (except British instead of Aussie), but I never thought I'd find a grown-ass man impersonating a chicken and awkwardly rapping to be so damn funny. Bravo!

I thank you kindly, I'm certainly not afraid of making a complete arse of myself. In fact, all good comedy hinges on doing so. :)

• @Davies said: Especially for Alcoremortis... Want You Gone (Jonathan Coulton) -With special guest Cockerel

I've never had a song dedicated to me before! Thanks a bunch, Davies!

• @Alcoremortis said: I've never had a song dedicated to me before! Thanks a bunch, Davies!

'Twas a pleasure M'Lady. :)

By the way, where's your operatic song?

• @Davies said: 'Twas a pleasure M'Lady. :)

By the way, where's your operatic song?

Working on it. I need to practice up a bit first. And then find a time when nobody else is home so that I can record in piece and not have my parents calling me when I'm in the middle.

Actually, I might skimp a bit on the "opera" portion and just do an art song instead. Those are shorter and I've got a few memorized already. They also sound better without a full piece orchestra in the background. :D

• @Alcoremortis said: Working on it. I need to practice up a bit first. And then find a time when nobody else is home so that I can record in piece and not have my parents calling me when I'm in the middle.

Actually, I might skimp a bit on the "opera" portion and just do an art song instead. Those are shorter and I've got a few memorized already. They also sound better without a full piece orchestra in the background. :D

Well, whatever takes your fancy M'Lady. I'm just looking forward to hearing something.

Also, come on other peeps... post some more songs as well!

• I'm waiting for everyone to leave...

(But at least one other person is in all the time! ....drat!)

• @RetroVortex said: I'm waiting for everyone to leave...

Okay, everyone except RetroVortex get out immediately (or at least pretend to).

• @Davies said: Okay, everyone except RetroVortex get out immediately (or at least pretend to).

Internet I am not afraid of.
    Since I am likely never to meet you, even then you will be like-minded.

But the real people here....
    ....I fear them...
    (More likely I fear ridicule! :O)

• @RetroVortex said: I'm waiting for everyone to leave...

Same for me, haha. I really want to do that Thank God I'm Pretty cover, but not with people here.

Add Comment