User Avatar Image

My Jurassic Park Project: A Fan Made ReMake of the Jurassic Park Film

posted by waroftheworlds01 on - last edited - Viewed by 3.2K users

I started this a month ago but I didn't post because I wasn't sure how far I would get. But now that I'm sure I will be able to go through with this project I'm confident enough to start a thread about it.

But before I get into it let me say that I’m posting this here in the Jurassic park forums because I feel there are more here who would appreciate what I’m trying to do here. But if a moderator feels that this is better suited in the General Chat area then feel free to move it there.

Okay, So I’m remaking Jurassic Park…. I know!!!! Cool right? But I know what you’re thinking. You’re thinking that many fans have remade Jurassic Park on Youtube.com before. What makes your movie different? I’ll tell you.

1. This is a scene for scene remake. So it will be as long as the actual film. Around two hours.

2. Unlike other fan made films, this will be taken seriously. So no joking around or making it a parody. This is to be a real fan made remake.

3. Getting away from the comedy, I will be making all dinosaurs full size. I will not be using toys or models (with the exception of the really big ones of course)

To give you an idea of how I’m making the dinosaurs, here is a video I posted on Youtube.com of the dinosaur I’m working on now which is the Dilo (spitter) that killed Nedry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtZ73Qjuxko

I will also be making full size T-Rex upper body out of paper mache as well as full size raptors. I will also be trying to get the most realistic locations possible to film this. I will be filming in the woods, I will be building my own sets, I will do what ever I can to come as close to the original film.

Of course, in the end it will still be a funny low budget remake of Jurassic Park. But it will be fun and I can’t wait to see the response it gets.

Questions or thoughts? Want to get involved in some way? Let me know what you all think. :)

67 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Looks great. It's nice to see it coming together. I agree with RaptorsRwk; the final product should be fantastic.

• One quick question to my awesome jurassic park community. Why hasn't Hypsilophodon been in any jurassic park movies? I mean I didn't even know that dino existed until i read the JP novel. If they're going to make a new JP movie I want Hypilophodon in it! And also Jack Horner is the one who discovered Maiasaura so why wouldn't he jump at the chance of including a dinosaur in the JP movies that was in the novels, especially one that he discovered? I just don't get it. If you're going to remake the movies please put these dinos in there. They deserve some recognition.

• Well, to clear up a few things from my very first post. I'm going to end up taking some more liberties than I originally planned. I sat down and watched the movie the other day to story board and to come up with some general ideas of how to pull some of the scenes off and my original scene for scene idea is just out of the question. I will still be taking everything seriously but I'll just be making changes where I have too.

I'm going back to the novel as well in order to help fill in some gaps that will be created from the missing scenes that I can't do. I know the Nedry attack scene will play a tad bit differently than it did in the movie. I'll be a bit more like the novel.

Cyberscribe, I get where you're coming from and I agree but don't hold too much hope of seeing those two in my movie. These dinosaurs are very time consuming to make. I need to focuse on making dinosaurs that I feel need to be in the movie like the Dilo, T-Rex, Raptors and Triceratops. But I'll try to see if I can fit them in some way. Perhaps in the background when Grant is looking at the dinosaurs by the lake.

I making this film one step at a time. I'm putting on focus on the Dilo scene right now and when that scene is done I'll see what I can do next.

• @waroftheworlds01 said: Well, to clear up a few things from my very first post. I'm going to end up taking some more liberties than I originally planned. I sat down and watched the movie the other day to story board and to come up with some general ideas of how to pull some of the scenes off and my original scene for scene idea is just out of the question. I will still be taking everything seriously but I'll just be making changes where I have too.

I'm going back to the novel as well in order to help fill in some gaps that will be created from the missing scenes that I can't do. I know the Nedry attack scene will play a tad bit differently than it did in the movie. I'll be a bit more like the novel.

Cyberscribe, I get where you're coming from and I agree but don't hold too much hope of seeing those two in my movie. These dinosaurs are very time consuming to make. I need to focuse on making dinosaurs that I feel need to be in the movie like the Dilo, T-Rex, Raptors and Triceratops. But I'll try to see if I can fit them in some way. Perhaps in the background when Grant is looking at the dinosaurs by the lake.

I making this film one step at a time. I'm putting on focus on the Dilo scene right now and when that scene is done I'll see what I can do next.

A 10 foot tall Dilo? Will the killing including guts and gore? :D And I completely understand especially if you're making these dinosaurs yourself. But I mean maybe you could add in the smaller ones like microceratops or procompsognathus. Nothing too big I mean don't kill yourself this is an ambitious project. Best of Luck to you.

• Not 10 foot tall unfortunitly. But, it is bigger than the one in the film. My Dilo comes up to my shoulder while the one in the movie would be about up to my waist or so. I'm still debating about the guts and gore but my version of the scene will be more creepy while the one in the movie was more comical. Microceratops might not be out of the question. I may be replacing the Brachiosaurus while they're in the tree scene with the scene in the novel where they come across the baby triceratops. But I could use a Microceratops instead. I'm also strongly considering procompsognathus as they would be easy to make and they are in the first novel so it would be easy to add them in some way.

Anywho, some super cool Dilo pictures. Still need to add the V Crest and paint it of course. As well as cover the neck.

dsc00008ti.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dsc00009j.jpg

dsc00010ry.jpg

• As i have stated before very nice. And i understand that you will have to cut certain scenes out considering the budget difference.

• Just thought I'd say I wish you all the best, and respect what you are doing very much :)

• Thank you every one :)

Some more photos!!

img4143q.jpg

img4144fnj.jpg

img4146oc.jpg

img4154a.jpg

• A New Video of how far the Dilo has come. I'm perdicting two or three weeks and then I can start filming the Dilo scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oOtuvgPfAs

• Looks like you're making quite a bit of progress. Perhaps when you've finished filming the scene, you could give us a teaser? You've made me quite curious to see the finished product.

Add Comment